Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Dmitri Makarovich`s whitelist application

Juan Taco
(@juan-taco)
Active Member Customer

How old are you?: 14

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: yes

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: I haven`t had a good roleplaying experience ever since like arma 2 dayz, and i want to experience that again in unturned this time

Do you have a working microphone?: yes, i`ve just bought new headphones

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): Oh boi, ever since i was a little lad i enjoyed roleplaying with my friends, and as i said i had a roleplaying experience on Arma 2 DayZ. Also I played on Bootleg RP and other small roleplay communities

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic: On 3rd of July 1995 in St. Petersburg, Russia, my mother and father had accomplished something: Giving birth to a child, and that child was me, Dmitri Makarovich.

My father was a programmer and had introduced me to the virtual world ever since i was born and was handed a phone. My mother was a simple librarian.

In my first years of life, my father started teaching me my first coding language, and I enjoyed it a lot. On my birthday in 2002, we went camping and i was handed my first bolt action rifle, it was my grandpa`s Mosin Nagant m91/30. That kickstarted my love for bolt action rifles and i didn`t really enjoy any other weapons.

20th September 2002: My first day of school. I was just a little lad with barely any friends. I was obsessed with sci-fi and especially post-apocalyptic related books and video games, anyway, let`s get back to the school part: So, as I didn`t have many friends i felt an urge to make some more. I was always friendly, funny and warm to all my friends, because they meant a lot to me.(after i made some of course)

For a few years nothing really happened, only the usual stuff: my father taught me some more about hunting and programming (some computer engineering as well) and my mom gave me some books about cooking and some other stuff that i wasn`t really interested in. Played video games with my friends.

Then in early 2014 i started seeing posts on social media that a possible weird infection had started spreading out. And i didn`t really believe that so i didn`t do any preparations.

4th October 2014: It was a normal day at highschool, but suddenly in the middle of the class, a mindless student broke the door and entered the classroom. I was paralyzed for a few seconds. I was just like the rest of the class, we just stood there watching as our teacher was getting eaten by that mindless "zombie-like" student. And then suddenly i felt an urge to defend myself and the class, so i grabbed on my chair and i rushed at the infected student bashing his head over and over. Once i was finished putting the poor bastard to peace, we started hearing screams all over the hallway. Fortunately, the class room was at the 1st floor so i jumped out the window while the rest of the class was getting over. I got a few bruises as i landed on a bush formation. I didn`t have a girlfriend or really anybody that i would care more than a usual friend for at the time so the best i could was to go to my parents and get out of St. Petersburg safely. Unfortunately, my parents were living in the other part of the city so my only plan was to get a vehicle and go. But just as i approached the nearest vehicle on the street the Spetsnaz showed up, blocking the street and trying to kill anyone that seemed hostile. The streets were full of UAZ`s and BTR`s trying to hold back the so called "infected". My only option now was to run home. I was approaching the house from a fenced backstreet and suddenly i heard a very powerful scream. It was a horde. Right in front of me there was a chainlink door that served as a security asset for nighttime. I barricaded the door with the nearest garbage can. Desperately running home, knowing that the chainlink door wouldn`t hold them forever, i opened the door in a rush. I was surprised, the house was completely untouched, and my parents weren`t there. I stood there for a bit to think about the great things that i could have done if this apocalypse wouldn`t have happened. But i had to concetrate, i saw a letter on the table in my living room, it read: Dear Dmitri, come search for us in Chernarus. For a moment, I couldn`t believe it because St. Petersburg was so far from Chernarus, it being in Crimea, but suddenly I remembered that some relatives had a house in the woods with a very large basement for situations such as this, the didn`t give me any location, as Chernarus was a small place. Also, they told me to check the garage, there i found an UAZ with plenty of reserve gas and the trunk had about 7-8 military rations and some basic survival gear, a pocket knife, a gas stove and a flashlight with 2 batteries. They left me everything i needed to search for them.

1 month later i had reached finally reached Chernarus. As i expected, everything was destroyed, no military, just corpses roaming the streets. But i knew i had something to do, and that was: finding my parents. Unfortunately, even the good ol` reliable UAZ couldn`t take 1 month of hard labour so i had to walk on foot with just half a ration, a pocket knife, and all the stuff that was in the trunk.

Here starts my new life.

Steam profile URL: 76561198139175750

Topic starter Posted : 13/02/2018 9:04 pm
alexzip reacted
alexzip
(@alexzip)
Estimable Member

Good background story, no ex military shit, nice description +1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2018 7:04 am
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

So the only issue is that dates here don't match up. You're a twenty four year old in highschool, bit odd don't you think? That's just a minor discrepancy and that could easily be substituted with something such as college. Overall it's not bad, not amazing, but I think it's good enough for me to accept this, welcome to whitelisted.

Before you play you will need to familiarize yourself with these rules, failure to do so will result in a ban. The rules may be found here:
https://www.unturnedroleplay.com/community/whitelisted-server-rules/rules-2/paged/1/

I would also highly recommend reading this community guide for roleplay created by Opti (Even I learned a thing or two!). It may be found here:
https://www.unturnedroleplay.com/community/main-forum/whitelist-guide-to-rp-from-opti/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2018 3:05 pm
Share: