Nightshadow's Staff...

Notifications
Clear all

Nightshadow's Staff Application

Nightshadow
(@blackjack04190)
Eminent Member Customer

(I applied yesterday, I think, but forgot to hit public)

First off, lets start with the requirements.

Region: North America, Eastern Time Zone

Time played: about a month

Time I've had the game: about a year

Steam URL:  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198377998761

Why I want to be a moderator/admin

Hello, my name is Nightshadow and this is my application. I've really enjoyed the Canada+ server, because its become a jumble of roleplay/survival server. However, the server is not without it's faults. I've notices a very large number of complaints over KOS. KOS is probably the most controversial topic on the server for a good reason: People are very paranoid. They get good guns, good gear, so its only understandable that they don't want to die. However this leads into a strange sort of paradox. Because the thing is, If the other player shoots first, you (the recipient) will probably die, losing all you worked for, but if you shoot and kill the other player, they could be reported for KOS. I want to change the uptight feel of the server, to a more relaxed approach. Another thing I want to change is staff abuse. I've seen players that want to simply get their stuff back from someone that killed them, but can't, because the admin protects them. I want to be like a teacher that can't pick favorites, and be some sort of mediator. Another thing I want to try to fix is "Admin Threatening." where an admin threatens banning/killing if they don't do what they say. I think that if people knew about ban appeal a little more, they wouldn't feel threatened.

Conclusion: If you pick me, I will try to be a non-abuser, and will step down if it becomes a problem. Thank you for reading this, and have a great day.

Topic starter Posted : 21/09/2017 9:34 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

1. "Admin threatening" - no such thing as this, I've never seen in my life a staff member with the authority to actually threaten to do it;

2. "Staff abuse" - then you go on a completely unrelated topic about how you'd like to be unbiased, everybody says the same thing, it's about describing your own personality; this is a mistake you'll probably make on your college app. as well, the officers aren't interested in what capabilities and awards you have, they're interested in what makes & made you get excellent marks.

3. "Paradox argument" - not a paradox as much as an ethical problem. There's no such thing as a perfect system, and this system's as close as it's going to get unless Nylex decides that we need to spy every single action done by a player and have an "ethical calculator" to decide who the bad guy is - in reality, this system promotes being careful & paranoid about other players. Check your corners, tell people to put their hands up, discuss with them & then go ahead and walk away.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2017 10:09 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Kos can never end. You can never stop kos from happening, only the consequences following it,so let's get that out of the way.

The application was neat,one on the decent side in a couple of time.

What kolibob said above should contradict some of your statements, have a glance at them and reconsider your points. Although if you've seen admins threatening/abusing please report them, either privately(to nylex)  or here on the forums.

Once again, what I always say. You've been playing around for a month, that's good, but not just enough. Be more active, get your name out there, be a staff member,but not. Get me? (Also 100hrs of unturned is really low, and if you've spent most of your time from those 100hrs on these servers, you are limited to a very special and small type of playerbase, specifically roleplayers and failroleplayers.)  That will spark our interests. Thanks, good luck.

Regards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2017 10:33 pm
The Friendly HitMan :D
(@adazahunt)
Honorable Member

yeah just what they said 😀 good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2017 1:27 pm
Share: