A second honest sta...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] A second honest staff app with a message.

Xilac
(@xilac)
Eminent Member Customer

I needed to make a second staff app to try and at least get my point across.

Just like the title, I'm going, to be honest. The staff are not the most acquitted anymore. I've been here for a year and seen some good times. These times at the moment aren't the best. The servers are generally dying. You can blame it on the community but contribute it to the server and the staff itself as well. It seems the blame is being pushed aside. LifeRP is rampant for KOS, I've seen toast ban 5 guys in a span of a few mins. Toast and Zahn are the only Mods who play LifeRP. Chernarus is dead just like Overgrown got and will eventually also die. Can I mention how unplayable LifeRP is I can play 100FPS Ultra on other servers but 10fps low on LifeRP? And after a month of people asking for a wipe is happening. Admins only get on for recording sessions, I generally only see Toast and Zahn doing admin work and rarely Nut or Gacy. And not all admins are good, when was the last time you saw Surprise play or talk in the discord? And Fisher, I don't hate him but he spawned in guns and a Humming Bird for himself within joining Elver for the first time and there are clips of it. And when he ignored our claims for him to stop admin abusing and only cared when we had killed him and got our hands on the gear which was a Vanilla Maplestrike. Imagine if we didn't hand it back over or someone else got it? That's an OP weapon out there or even an unobtainable market which allowed players on Chernarus to make a lot of cash for selling off one of their weapons they got from admins. I had flamethrowers before kits were added because admins spawned themselves stuff in. Nylex you have thousands of people in your discord and you can't fill a 30 player server and I'm not saying your servers are terrible, I generally have 1K hours on your servers. Honestly, this server has seen better times and at the moment it is in the dumps and what you need is MODS, not Admins, MODS. Like Zahn and Toast, they don't have full power, but they still can have authority and can moderate servers. And you need dedicated mods. People who care for the server (I'm not saying I need to be Modded because I feel confident) because I don't. Honestly being mod would be scary but I'm willing to do it, and having staff chosen by likes among the others and popularity is bullshit. You need people who want the job instead of wanting power. People who can offer stuff worth having. There is plenty of honest competent people out there, they just aren't being given the stage to prove themselves. You even have the Trial Mod status too see if people are worth it, why not start taking a step towards the correct direction? Now for my staff app;

I want to be staff to help the community. I don't feel like I deserve it, nor feel like I need it. I know its cliche to hear that I want to help the community, but I do. I can offer a lot and I'm going, to be honest. I don't take anyone's shit. Nut will tell you about the "Furry Incident" but that was the first time I had lashed out for months, mainly because I realised what dick Nut can be, I know his whole personality is him not caring and being a douche (no hard feelings Nut.) Lenny teases me all the time about that incident and its become a running joke now. The staff team has turned away from helping people who generally needed help because it was about LifeRP server. I wouldn't do that I would tend to everyone I could help, there would be times I would like to play the server but that wouldn't stop me for what I volunteered for. And I know the staff team has actual lives I don't, I'm socially awkward I only go outside if I'm forced to, to buy something I need or go out with my tiny friend group once every few months. I have all the time in the world to tend to the server.

I'm confident with commands and can give examples. Shift+F7 is useful for finding the person who needs help or an area of KOS. /vanish makes me invisible so I can follow and see if people are breaking rules without being spotted. /ci clears my inventory so I can pick up stuff people shouldn't have and yoink it into the void and I know how to /ci someone else. /tp force teleports me to a player or destination, and /teleport wp teleports me to my marker to make it easy getting around the map to look at stuff. /kick[steamid][reason] kicks the player if they are doing something wrong and need to be shown not to do it or admin action will be taken. /ban is the same but with a duration at the end instead and some simple ones like /day and /night. I know how to check the join logs along with the others. I know how to flag players for jobs on LifeRP or to get access to bugged NPCs like when a player can't access the teller at the bank. I know how to restart the server to fix simple bugs due to server lag. I can do /spy to see if they have stuff inside lockers that they are not supposed to have without demolishing them and raising suspicion (they would have to be online though.)

I can use admin edit well to create amazing scenes for videos. I can help set up for videos. I can help in videos if needed like I said I'm a no life. I can be toxic but I tend to try to be as nice as I can. And I know I don't have the best rep among you guys but at least consider hiring other people to make the server better. And to clarify I re-read the rules for each server and made up little scenario's to see what's the best outcome that I would go for I can send pictures if you want but my handwriting is terrible. I generally want to help the server. I might be young and somewhat unlikable but, if not me at least someone else. 

Fishers admin abuse: https://medal.tv/clips/28835576/d1337kWSy5EK if it doesn't hyperlink it or ask me for the video in my dm's #Xilac5460

Topic starter Posted : 19/07/2020 3:43 am
Zahn
 Zahn
(@katyusha)
Estimable Member

+rep

Good guy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2020 7:23 am
Fisher
(@fisher)

Alright, theres a lot to cover here so imma be selfish and start with the "ADMIN ABUSE" screaming in here, which is the wrong section and imma keep it short and will only adress this one time:

You probably noticed the AIRDROP, Zahn and me spawned in. You didnt call that admin abuse because ahhhh you didnt know, yet you loved to have the airdrop for yourself. And guess what i spawned the Hummingbird in for?

RIGHT!

To get to the airdrop, as Zahn and me wanted to see what it contains! Sounds reasonable right? Guess what i ALWAYS have on me, either it be Cherno, Life or any other server: a Maplestrike and you know why? Its called : not knowing what guns the map contains as theres no fucking wiki for it.

You didnt complain either when you needed help on LifeRP or somewhere didnt you? No, there the use of adminpowers was totally fine! But if someone uses a GUN against you you cant have its admin abuse. If you start screaming that at the smallest thing you dont "seem to be" fair, admin aint the job for ya as you WILL have to take a lot of shit like this, where people have no background knowledge at all and just cry about what they see.

And btw, i didnt teleport anyone in, i was teleported to. And if i would have been a full cunt like i always am and not give a fuck, i would have stayed in godmode when you started throwing shots, but i was so nice to go leave godmode.

P.S: I didnt throw a fit about that Maplestrike, imo you could have kept it but others i don´t name now started bitching. (Its just a 24 dmg gun on a server with oneshot weapons.....)

Secondly. TO THA SERVERZ!

You´re again misinformed about the servers.

Yes, we know the serverperformance is lacking hard at the moment. Thats what YOU see.
What WE see is that nylex spends a SHITTON of money on custom made plugins, custom mods, ect. to keep this shit running. I dunno why you mention Overgrown, but that server is shut down a while ago. Cherno is getting a rework anyway at the moment as this was the most sucessful server (besides VERY OLD overgrown) and LifeRP is also getting some changes. Now we have Elver or Elfer or whatever the fk its called aswell. What you didnt see is how the popularity of his servers work. Nylex makes a video on Life or a series, people join Life to simp. When he made the Cherno series, Cherno was always full, you see where im getting.

Other then that you cant complain about performance of the servers like "playing on 10 fps", as most of the staff suffers the same fate. I for example run Escape from Tarkov, BF4 and Arma loaded with 100 mods on around 200-250 fps, yet on unturned i get 10% of that, even in town i have my FPS lowered to under 15 sometimes. We all suffer that, we aint magically not having the issues players have. We suffer the same fates.

About STAFF:

Yes theres inactive staff, theres cunts and surprises and yes i gotta say theres people i like and people i dont like, i even had lots of arguments inside staff. Yet as "potential" future staff you shouldnt mouth off like that, especially when you say a sentence "yes they have a life, i don´t". Anyway, we dont solely select people by "popularity", we select people by attitude, playtime and reputation among the servers (not the ingame rep of course, human interaction reputation). And if you start: "but Fisher, youre a cunt, everyone hates you and you abooze and just wanna b4n people", yes i do, deal with it, i didn´t even apply for my second run. Plus i have a record of doing shit for this community way before you joined. Next, dedicated mods. No, doesn´t work like that if you mean mods for a specific server only. No one wants to restrict himself on one specific type of shit. Its bad. No. Sit. (Shoutout to Zahn and Toastertrap for their hard work! Just a reminder we don´t play favorites with them, they just do their work good and they have my respect.)

About your "Qualifications":

All honesty, no one cares about the commands. Youre not playing the game much. You deal in human resources and administer the server outside the "box". Its not how good your ties are ingame, its outside. Sure 1 K hours is fine, but thats where it´ll stay as long as your in this hellhole. I dunno why people think we´re in heaven or something, but we´re in hell, having to administer 14 thousand people and a shitload of toddlers every day (if we choose to because life.). Trust me, no matter what qualifcations you have, they wont help here. And sure, adminedit is nice BUT you need to be careful with even that because people will scream adminabuse and favoritism on you if you tell them off just once. Had that, lived through it, people got banned shortly later co they broke rules in "anger".

Anyway, i need coffee for now. My bois will carry me there. For questions, below.

Regards,

Admihn Aboozer Fisher

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2020 7:42 am
Xilac
(@xilac)
Eminent Member Customer

Oh, I didn't care about the Maplestrike I was tryna scrap it. However, you spawned in items no player could get. No matter it is whatever server, unlike every single Admin you didn't want to play properly. And we were away from the airdrop. Running away and you came upon us and blasted Shinsj. I didn't mention Zahn tp'ing in, on the video I may have but that was a call out.

And for the bitching you said to us give us the Maplestrike or we clear all your inventories or just one person. When I got the maple I tried to scrap it straight up that was my whole goal. That's why screamed I have the maple but just like its supposed to be you can't scrap the Maple as its never supposed to be on the server. Us players have had multiple chances to spawn in our custom kits and rank kits and we didn't if we did we would get /ci 'd without a saying because that gear isn't allowed on the map/server. 

By unplayable I meant, you generally can't play there. There's Mass KOS, KOS and Mass robbing 24/7 and it doesn't help when I've seen admins turn people down just because of its LifeRP, one of Nylexs popular servers. I respect Nylex for paying that much for stuff and the FPS stuff was me just venting. Yes, I know its Nylex makes a video on this server and everyone plays it.

And I don't think you're a cunt, I generally respect you and your no-bullshit personality. What I meant is you need more people the same as Zahn as moderators. And I don't think you're in heaven neither do I think you're in hell you're stuck in the middle doing what you want in your happy spaces being dragged down by the children.

And what I mean by popularity is agreed among the player base about that stuff.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/07/2020 8:23 am
Xilac
(@xilac)
Eminent Member Customer

Lets leave it here, I dug too much from my main point.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/07/2020 8:27 am
Nexx
 Nexx
(@nexx)

ok furry

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2020 1:10 pm
Gacy
 Gacy
(@boii)
Reputable Member

Hey! If you have issues with anyone. This does include the staff team - please use the report a player section or if it is extremely serious do direct message another staff as such on the matter.

Thanks for the honest staff app though i would like to say. Yes, there are problems here and there. Though can you individually change the server popularity? Do you know how the players who come on the server by themselves or with one friend know how they want the server to be handled. 

It's difficult to keep a server popular. Yes having disrespectful admins and mods can be a cause of players to leave. Though thousands of players cycle through the servers daily. A server may not be max popular at all times. This doesn't mean that hundreds of players do not play on that server. 

You're making a staff application but this doesn't feel like a staff application. It feels to me a place for you to vent about problems that the server has. Not saying this is a bad thing but you don't need to mix the two. Yes if you were to be a mod you will probably cater to everyones needs - but for how long? Every staff here did the same. I myself did this when i become an admin during chernarus. Zahn did when he was trial yet hes become more distant from helping the players, why is this?

Because thousands of new players are cycling through with the same questions. Now this isn't the communities fault nor the staff. Everyone needs a break. Though would having 15 staff members make a difference compared to the staff we have now? It would for a short run.

Staff do have the favouritisms of servers and players. We are bias and i won't deny that. I prefer chernarus over any map and i hate liferp. There's people i like more than others in the staff team and players in general. 

Knowing commands is good at times i guess though it's not fully needed as youll be told how to do things like that if you're inexperienced or experienced. 

I do like the thought of your app for staff. It is not up for me to decide whether you are staff or not. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2020 2:14 pm
THX_4_FOOD
(@thx_4_food)

Xilac is speaking a shit ton of truth, the entire staff team is absolutely shit, its actually insane the only non abusive staff that play are zahn, toaster and gacy and gacy barely plays but he is still gamer, and on the point of xilac becoming staff, he is a good guy and generally nice but can have his moments where he get angery, i don't think xilac would be a perfect fit for admin but mod could do. A serious request that i think most other long time players have is a revamped staff team because the current one is just not good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2020 12:17 pm
Fadeless
(@fadeless)
Estimable Member

+Rep 

Not really a toxic a person who can keep their cool and has proven in the past that they're helpful and willing to take up the responsibilities of a staff member. Also a great person to be around tbh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2020 3:18 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Very good application, with appreciated honesty. Accepted 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 5:29 pm
Share: