Fresh start for all...

Notifications
Clear all

Fresh start for all (server wipe)

Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

WIPE
It's been a beautiful wipe this 'season'. Some amazing things built, awesome clans formed, and beautiful memories made. But as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. (mainly because the sheer amount of buildables is causing pings to skyrocket lol). 
This will be for all survival roleplaying servers.
Along with the literal hundreds of thousands of inventories that will be wiped too.

I know some people may be a bit annoyed, but we can't keep the servers unwiped forever, it's gotta happen some time! At least now the servers will be running smoothly with low ping and everyone can get a fresh start:) 

PREVIOUS SAVES
I still have many previous saves from old wipes, if there's clans out there that would like to download them to revisit their old bases or even stick the save on their own server, I'm considering making a download page with previous saves on that users can download for themselves. Let me know if you'd like that or not.

NEW IN-GAME SHOPS
This will also introduce the new shops that no longer will be bunched together in 1 safezone. Instead they'll be scattered around the map at random locations (chosen by the shop owner). This will give more adventure to the server and add an "if you know, you know" element to where certain shops are. It'll also encourage more survival-y rp too! These shops will still be protected by a region. If the majority dislike this change we will revert in the wipe after. We suspect this change will greatly boost performance for the servers which will result in a lot less wipes.

You can still apply for a shop here on the forums but the post may turn into a mini discussion between you and staff just to see if you are well suited to be granted a shop or not. We don't want to have too many shops cluttering up the map.

WHITELIST UPDATE
As it stands we do not want to release whitelisted servers yet due to the lack of proper mods aquired to make the experience as best we can. We don't want to rush it and have a repeat of last time though staff are heavily discussing what we should do in regards to the whitelist server (releasing early, vanilla only, creating our own modpack etc) There will be a vote in the Community Decisions/voting thread with a few things we'd like feedback on concerning the whitelisted servers. We'd appreciate it if you checked it out and gave your input!:)

Think that's all folks

Topic starter Posted : 03/11/2017 7:58 pm
crazy bob, Kolibob and MrRawr reacted
Aronax
(@aronax)
Estimable Member Customer

At least we get new things with every wipe don't we? XD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2017 7:10 am
Cubic
(@cubey-given-by-boo)
Active Member Customer