Notifications
Clear all

[Whitelisted] A question

Page 1 / 3
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

I have had this idea of creating a pub ever since the news of a whitelisted server was up, even Nylex probably knows about this. This will be a place of peace and RP. After 2-3 days of searching I finally found my spot, and I really enjoy it. But it comes with a lot of issues, it is in the middle of Stary Sobor, in the big red empty industrial warehouse. I patched most of the holes, started to fill in the inside.

Now the issue is not the players, it seems to be untouched every time I log on. But I live with a fear, in the building itself there are 2-3 zombie spawns, the military encampment carries a mega spawn, so does the mechanic place across the street, and the helicopter crash-site behind the encampment. And yet that's not even the biggest issue.

People have already complained about the fact that I had to put safezone radiators around to prevent as much zombie invasions as possible, and I may have to put more around due to when people drive past or shoot zombies, zombies get attracted towards the pub.

Now my issue is the fact that I cannot go away for more then 24 hours, because then the industrial generator will run out of gas and zombies will spawn inside again. This together with the fact that these zombies will be attracted to the vehicles driving past and perhaps the shooting in the military camp, they will tear shit up from the inside out.

This together with the fact that I do not roll with a faction or group that can perhaps keep my generators running.

Due to this issue I'd like to see if it's possible to perhaps get a region with only indestruct, to prevent any zombie griefing like this, people could even exploit the fact of the zombies and that way avoid getting banned for offline raiding. A lot of people can vouch that my guy is not stupid, if he's being held up at gun point he would rather let the people in his store rooms (which will only contain wooden crates) than defend himself and most likely die from it.

I'd like to know what you think, if it isn't possible I might have to abandon the project, I already sunk in about 6 hours just to get the walls and floors inside.

PS: I've already been trusted with a safezone in the past on Russia and players and admins that have seen and witnessed it can confirm that there were no issues with hit, nothing like that I abused it or disused it. Im not asking for god-mode, nor the ability to disable to equip anything. Just a small region to prevent any kind of zombie harassment.

Topic starter Posted : 01/07/2017 11:00 am
MrRawr reacted
Jeff the Pilot
(@jeff-the-pilot)
Eminent Member Customer

Sounds like an interesting idea, I +1 this post!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2017 11:03 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

what if some player wants to demolish the pub? or 'raid' it. etc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2017 11:06 am
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Posted by: MrRawr

what if some player wants to demolish the pub? or 'raid' it. etc.

"A lot of people can vouch that my guy is not stupid, if he's being held up at gun point he would rather let the people in his store rooms (which will only contain wooden crates) than defend himself and most likely die from it."

And if he does so, and he gets knocked out by it, I would gladly go OOC to open up the doors for them.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/07/2017 11:09 am
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)

This is merely to prevent any kind of unnecessary zombie damage in any future absence

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/07/2017 11:15 am
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)

If it is possible to create a region which prevent zombies from doing structure damage or that they drop within a certain radius, that would also be alright.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/07/2017 12:08 pm
Timothy
(@fleikez)
Estimable Member Customer

As I've said to you personally I don't really think it's fair for all the other players, that way each individual or even groups like mine would like region areas for our main bases too or whatever, and they caused a load of trouble on the public servers. I think it's best to not even use them in my opinion.

-Tim

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2017 1:35 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Not keen on regions on the whitelisted server. There is a flag that just doesn't allow zombies to spawn, so I guess that could be ok. But there are so many places where zombies don't spawn naturally anyway

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2017 1:40 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Posted by: Nylex

Not keen on regions on the whitelisted server. There is a flag that just doesn't allow zombies to spawn, so I guess that could be ok. But there are so many places where zombies don't spawn naturally anyway

The issue is with zombies being tracked by cars towards my building, and wrecking shit, they're also able to spawwn inside, I have radiators all around but an industrial generator only lasts for a bit more than 27 hours.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/07/2017 1:45 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I can set it so zombies just don't spawn inside a region, so they wouldn't spawn inside or anything

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2017 1:54 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)

Does that include zombies that walk into it?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/07/2017 1:57 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

yeah I think any zombie that is in or that enters the region will just die 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2017 1:57 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)

That would be great

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/07/2017 2:01 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)

Any chance that could be done today or tomorrow?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/07/2017 3:23 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

btw opti, youre wrong. Industrial generators last for 11.5 hrs

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2017 4:38 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: