Notifications
Clear all

My WIP Map

Page 1 / 2
Big Smo
(@big-smo)
Estimable Member Customer

I'm working on a map called Hickory Falls State Park, a state park set in rural Eastern Pennsylvania. Here are some images:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1121588562

This image shows a group cabin campsite. School groups, summer camps, or any large number of people can rent the four cabins and mess hall. The mess hall is to the left and the cabins are to the right. Three cabins sleep 8 people on 4 bunk beds and the counselors' cabin sleeps 4 people on 4 separate beds. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1121587875

Paratroopers of the PA National Guard were sent in to fight back the zombies but three of the soldiers' parachutes did not open and they sadly did not survive landing. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1121588111

Another view of the group cabins. 

Topic starter Posted : 27/08/2017 7:17 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Seems nice, altough I would prefer using custom materials for the map. Also is the map survival or arena?? Good luck, if you need help, dm me on discord/steam anytime 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2017 8:12 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

I tried changing the materials but I couldn't figure it out, and I think it looks nice as-is. Luckily a lot of state parks in PA use crushed red gravel for roads so the PEI materials work in this situation. It's a survival map that will focus on survival and crafting, with few zombies and weapon spawns. There will not be any places where automatic assault rifles spawn. The only military presence is a small camp which the paratroopers set up where they landed. It will be vacant and only have supplies like MRE's, bedrolls, ghillie netting, ammo boxes, grenades, and possibly explosives. The other military presence will be the zombified paratrooper force in the town and it may be possible to get an Eaglefire or Avenger from those zombies. There will be no more than three hidden stashes placed by criminals, where you can find Vipers, Teklowvkas, and maybe Bulldogs. The rest of the gun spawns will be at the Sporting Goods store in the one town, in civilian spawns, in the Ranger Station, and in a hunting cabin. There may be a few bow and crossbow spawns as well.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/08/2017 8:55 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

Very nice, continue the hard work, Big Smo!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2017 12:40 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member
Posted by: Big Smo

I tried changing the materials but I couldn't figure it out, and I think it looks nice as-is. Luckily a lot of state parks in PA use crushed red gravel for roads so the PEI materials work in this situation. It's a survival map that will focus on survival and crafting, with few zombies and weapon spawns. There will not be any places where automatic assault rifles spawn. The only military presence is a small camp which the paratroopers set up where they landed. It will be vacant and only have supplies like MRE's, bedrolls, ghillie netting, ammo boxes, grenades, and possibly explosives. The other military presence will be the zombified paratrooper force in the town and it may be possible to get an Eaglefire or Avenger from those zombies. There will be no more than three hidden stashes placed by criminals, where you can find Vipers, Teklowvkas, and maybe Bulldogs. The rest of the gun spawns will be at the Sporting Goods store in the one town, in civilian spawns, in the Ranger Station, and in a hunting cabin. There may be a few bow and crossbow spawns as well.

Sounds like you got it all layed out! Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2017 8:57 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Oooo, looks good. I think custom objects would be very cool too rawr:D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2017 7:40 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Would be interesting if it was boiled down to basic stuff used for survival, I would recommend putting a well in the campground if you haven't already, and multiple freshwater lakes to gather water if it will be more survival esc. Running around with a schofield and a dream! Also, make sure you have scope spawns in the sporting good store it always bothered me how you couldn't find gun attachments on those places.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2017 8:03 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member
Posted by: Potion Flinga Queen

Would be interesting if it was boiled down to basic stuff used for survival, I would recommend putting a well in the campground if you haven't already, and multiple freshwater lakes to gather water if it will be more survival esc. Running around with a schofield and a dream! Also, make sure you have scope spawns in the sporting good store it always bothered me how you couldn't find gun attachments on those places.

Agree. Make the place like a "Hunter Campground". :thumbsup:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2017 12:45 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

Yeah, there will be a small chance for weapons to spawn at the regular campgrounds, but the sporting goods store and the hunting cabin will have more common weapons, along with Chevron, Cross, and 7x Scopes. There may be an occasional airdrop at the paratrooper camp with MRE's, ammo, mags, NVG's, Sabertooths (Saberteeth?), and grenades. Also if I use some Chernarus assets will the popup show that you need the Chernarus Content Pack when you go to download it? The well is perfect for a campsite.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/08/2017 1:30 pm
Kolibob reacted
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

What about modded stuff, hm?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2017 4:11 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

I think the vanilla assets work fine for my purposes so I decided not to use any modded stuff. Also I have no idea how to add modded stuff to my custom spawn tables. Also, I expect to have a Beta version out by Friday at the latest, and I will probably be doing playtesting with my friends on my friend's server. I'll post here when we start.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/08/2017 3:25 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

A'ight, I'd like to see it as well, for sure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2017 8:39 pm
Long Live Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Estimable Member

Nice work man keep it up, a real talent!

-Velocity 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2017 4:58 am
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

Thanks! I have a lot done and I think I'll be ready to playtest it soon with my friends, if anyone wants to join I'll make a post here when we start. I'm going camping this weekend and school starts soon but I should find time to finish it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/09/2017 1:41 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

I will most likely be doing a brief test gameplay session today lasting 1 to 2 hours at 10:30 GMT, or 6:30 EST.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/09/2017 7:37 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: