WHITELIST MAP DISCU...

Notifications
Clear all

WHITELIST MAP DISCUSSION- FINAL DECISION

Page 2 / 3
Commander Stanky
(@stankyfeetgaming)
Estimable Member Customer

NO Chernaurus. I just don't want that. I think we should have a map that is exclusive to the whitelist. I do like the idea of the Deepwoods map, but we need an area with different environments. For example, A snowy area. It will create more realistic roleplay. We should also have a map that has less military spawns. (for roleplay). Really everyone has to think of a map that is better for RP, not a map that will create a FPS. I want something that resembles Nylex's vids. A map that will create lack of supply. I want something that will create an economy (barter system) trading for food or other supplies. Raiders attacking shipments to a small tradetown etc. We need a map that will create roleplay.  

To be honest, I don't know at all what the map should be, but when choosing a map we need to keep this in our heads. To create the epic roleplay experience we all dream of.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2017 1:15 am
Surprise655
(@surprise655)

+1 on Deep Woods, Ural, or Japan. Darkness is one that could be it. Chern would be last resort.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2017 1:40 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I was also thinking Chernarus, Imo its the best map on the workshop when it comes to detail and stuff. 

the only problem with Ural Mountains is that it's not finished. There's some places without loot and decoration, there's even some places without places! I don't think it's a good idea to put a WiP map on a whitelisted server (though if most of you disagree then I don't mind doing it).

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/12/2017 2:13 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin
Posted by: Rusty

I Recommend deep wood it looks like a map that would fit in till, Ural mountains doesn't come out. Heres the link.  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=961002701&searchtext=  

This looks amazing! I'll check it out

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/12/2017 2:13 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Guys, Japan is a big no. The whole map is insane sized with more than 3/4th the map being water. Besides that, it's hard to roleplay in Japanese culture and the map is under detailed as well.

Deepwood looks nice, will look into it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2017 6:37 am
The Friendly HitMan :D
(@adazahunt)
Honorable Member
Posted by: Lord

I wouldn't mind Japan, would make a lot more sense for a Chinese guy to be in Japan. but that's only for me

You're not the only one Mr.Lord.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2017 8:20 am
Jeff the Pilot
(@jeff-the-pilot)
Eminent Member Customer

Honestly, I think Chernarus is the best map out there, and we should stick to it until Ural Mountains gets to an acceptable level of development, then we could switch over to UM. But for now, I think releasing WL in Chernarus would satisfy the main need of WL fans, which is the existence of a WL server.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2017 8:26 am
PFQ reacted
VoidCallerZ
(@voidcallerz)

I also go for Chernaurus

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2017 11:54 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Chernarus seems to be the popular vote so far:)

As nice as it would be to introduce a new map that hasn't been played before in this community, I don't think there's one out there that's more suited for WL than Chernarus is.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/12/2017 12:05 pm
Jelly
(@jelly)
Trusted Member Customer

I'd say we go for chernarus, and let Rawr work on his map. Then when it's done, we change to that, since that will be bases on what will be best for the WL server,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2017 3:06 pm
Fin Richards
(@fin)

i was hoping ural, its a great map very immersive and diverse

chernarus has been going for way to long and gets boring, i want to explore 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2017 4:10 pm
Fin Richards
(@fin)

why have a temp map and lose everything on it when we change when we can have map, ural mountains. its great diverse and is closer to being completed everyday,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2017 4:43 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)
Estimable Member Customer

I think Chernarus is the best due to its plainness and simplicity, there's no unique locations like Germany, it's all just a blank slate. Deepwood looks like this too but I also just really like Chernarus as a map.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2017 6:42 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Since my decision, the community has made some very valid points on which map we should have. Chernarus may be boring and a map that we are all familiar with, but no one can deny that it is a well made map. I will be henceforth changing my vote over to Chernarus for a multitude of reasons. Whenever Ural Mountains is completely done, and the whitelist story is done as well, we may hopefully see a change over into Ural Mountains for a new fresh experience.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2017 12:02 am
Rosa reacted
Şçøŕpïøņ
(@scorpion)

I haven't been accepted in WL but i think we should use Deepwood as it is a very good and well made map and would be perfect for WL and Chern has been explored and it would be nice to have a new map to explore etc...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2017 2:52 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: