Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Ban appeal - by Jelly

Jelly (Jelle)
 Jelly (Jelle)
(@Jelly (Jelle))
New Member Guest

Hi everyone!

You haven't heard of me in a while. Some of you might find that idea great others might not. I'm here today to appeal my ban and hopefully, you'll stick with me till the end. For the people that don't know me yet let me introduce myself. 

My name is Jelle but feel free to call me Jelly. I am currently 16 years old and have many hours in the Nylex RP servers. I have been absent for quite a while now as I got banned for multiple reasons which I agree on.

For the people that don't know my ban is multiple months ago. It was about me doing a lot of unjustified killing and robbing for no reason. I treated the server as if it was a regular one, which was wrong. All I cared about back then was loot with the occasional conversation and friendly encounter in between. 

While I have been gone I have kept on RPing, not on Unturned though. I did this through playing a lot of D&D, RPing on a different game called "Miscreated", did some Gmod RP etc. I really enjoyed it, but I'm starting to miss the good old days on Unturned. Also, while I've been gone I placed myself in a more Hardcore RP environment on the other games, which really made me understand what I did wrong. Here are some things that I will improve on If you give me another chance.

Loot

Playing for loot destroys the RP environment. If you take decisions with your loot in mind instead of your characters life, you'll act way different. If all you do is make sure you don't lose your loot, you will fail to value your characters life and instead rather fight and die than to just give it away. This is something I could be caught doing all the time and is something I would like to remove from my RP situations.

PvP

Like I said, in the beginning, I treated the server the same way as a normal PvP server. It wasn't about the thrilling moments of being held up and having no other options than to surrender, it wasn't about the moments where you just can't do anything and are left fearing for your life and be glad to escape alive. All I did was mostly hang around the airfield and kill people for yet again, their loot. And this completely ruïns the RP environment you are trying to create. 

Random robbing

Yes, the people who know me well will know that I am guilty of doing this a lot. It all comes down to the first part, but again I did this not for any RP reasons or because it just was the way my character was, no. It was out of pure greediness to get more and more and take away stuff from others. This is also complete BS and I will make sure no one in my environment will be caught doing this ever again.

Metagaming

For the people that don't know (Don't feel bad 😉 ) Metagaming is the action where you take "out-of-character" information and use it In-character. This would be something like your friend telling you over discord that he is getting robbed or that he got sniped by someone. Therefore when I do get another chance I would like to set a rule for myself which might be an example for a new server rule that I will only use In-game In-character communication. Of course, the occasional banter excluded. This will lead to much more serious RP, better emersion with your character and a better RP experience for everyone overall. You might have disadvantages over other players who are using discord, but so be it.

Valuing life

If people would apply this rule for themselves, the RP would get so much better. Just having no other option sometimes creates suspense and can get you into really interesting RP situations. Therefore from now on, I will work with a 3 lives system, where if I die 3 times during a roleplay scenario I will make a new character with background. The last death will have to be a well RPed out execution but could be done by anyone as long as it will lead to some nice scenarios.

I have many more things to name but I hope you get the idea that I will take the server more serious now. I know that I have had quite the bad reputation on the server, but I hope you can see through that and give me another chance. I also know that I am many of the others who have been banned for the same reasons as me and have acted not a bit better when they returned, but I hope I can show you that I will.

Thank you for reading my ban appeal, and maybe, see you soon on the servers!

Yours sincerely, Jelly

Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2018 7:41 pm
Jelly (Jelle)
 Jelly (Jelle)
(@Jelly (Jelle))
New Member Guest

Also, here is my steam community profile link:  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198174355081/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/02/2018 6:11 pm
Cup
 Cup
(@cup)
Reputable Member

Well "robbing for no rp reason" doesnt have anything to do with bans in the REGULAR Chernarus server, whitelist would be the one that would get you banned in for robbing people without any RP reasons.

Other than that +1 from me, Jelly should be given another chance in the the community, well writen application.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2018 11:38 am
The Friendly HitMan :D
(@adazahunt)
Honorable Member

Considering that Jelly is a good guy I would love to see him back in the server and I do know that he is sorry for what he has done so +1 !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2018 1:32 pm
Ed
 Ed
(@truemoo)
Prominent Member Customer

We need more peeps like you +1 hope you come back

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2018 2:54 pm
crazy bob
(@crazy-bob)
Honorable Member Customer

I dont know too much on your prior history other that your rep was not that good. When you got banned over something that happened with mygirl or whatever name he used at that moment, it didnt sit well with me.

Ive enjoyed playing with you and this appologie seems well thought out ,so on that note I hope you can come back.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2018 4:14 pm
Ed
 Ed
(@truemoo)

chatting hear so it can past that other garbage topic

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2018 8:57 pm
Fin Richards
(@fin)

You've been perma-banned twice. If you're given a third chance it's a miracle. I doubt you will...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2018 7:12 pm
Ed
 Ed
(@truemoo)
Posted by: Fin Richards

You've been perma-banned twice. If you're given a third chance it's a miracle. I doubt you will...

Third times a charm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2018 8:09 pm
Jelly (Jelle)
 Jelly (Jelle)
(@Jelly (Jelle))
New Member Guest
Posted by: DaymBlock

Well "robbing for no rp reason" doesnt have anything to do with bans in the REGULAR Chernarus server, whitelist would be the one that would get you banned in for robbing people without any RP reasons.

Other than that +1 from me, Jelly should be given another chance in the the community, well writen application.

To come back on that topic, I know it isn't a bannable thing, but it sure as hell isn't great RP, and doesn't really encourage RP in the first place. If the first thing you shout at someone you meet is "put your hands up", there's no room for great backstory conversations and stuff like that. Therefore from now on, I will only rob people with a reason such as they killed my friend and I know that, or they have something I desperately need. Not just for shits 'n gigs. 

Everyone that is supporting me and wants me back in the community, thank you so much for all your great responses.

I hope to see you all soon on the servers!

Yours sincerely,

Jelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/02/2018 11:09 pm
Jelly (Jelle)
 Jelly (Jelle)
(@Jelly (Jelle))
New Member Guest
Posted by: Fin Richards

Hey, I know I have quite the dirty history. And I definitely don't agree with what I have done. It was just straight up wrong. Now, no matter how many times I say sorry, the fact stays that I did it and that it was bad to do so. Now we can do either 2 things:

- You take for granted that I will not learn from my mistakes and that I will continue to behave like I did because I simply don't understand or that's just the way I am.

- Or, you let me prove that I have changed. I am willing to sacrifice some advantages over others to improve the experience for everyone. 

The 2nd option is the one I would be choosing.  I know it's very typical to say this, but everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect and I am genuinely sorry for what I've done. Not making it look better than it is. 

I can understand your point of view, but I do think people learn from their mistakes.

I'm of course unsure whether I will be granted this chance, but when that chance is granted, I will make sure to not fuck it up and let the community down.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/02/2018 11:21 pm
Yellow
(@yellow)
Eminent Member Customer

Hope you stay banned, remember you destroyed my town for no reason at one point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2018 5:10 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

We've taken a consensus and our verdict is to deny your ban appeal. Have a good day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2018 4:45 pm
Share: