Rules

Page 1 / 2
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

You can visit the whitelisted server rule page by clicking here

Whitelisted Server Rules

Introduction
This introduction will provide basic information to help capture the feel for what type of roleplaying the whitelisted servers contain.

People on the server play completely IC (In Character), meaning they do not metagame, and only act upon and within their characters knowledge. Interaction and value for characters life is massively favoured over gear. The typical mindset is trying to have your character survive in an apocalypse, meeting many different characters along the way and making choices that spark a great interaction and benefit the majority, whilst still remaining the freedom we like to encourage. Most people's characters are friendly, robbing and especially killing is very rare. The server's playerbase consists of matured, serious roleplayers who are good at improvising and staying in character. That combined with the creativity a lot of players possess, the world within this server is full of amazing structures that fit the apocalyptic makeshift theme. Click here for a guide on roleplaying, written by one of our most noble players, Opti. 
And now on with the rules....

Character
You must be in character at all times. However your character can just be yourself, there is no requirement to changing your accent or outlook on things. Feel free to be yourself as you would on a public server. However you must not talk about out of character events or things that your character wouldn't necessarily have knowledge about. For example talking about "just spawning in" or going to "loot the military base because good loot spawns there" is considered fail RP and is against the rules. Instead you could say "I just arrived in this part of town" and "I'm looking for some supplies, I hear there was an active military base up north before the outbreak happened". The world chat may be used for out of character communication however may not be used in a way that conflicts with RP. Feel free to have a chat with other players but you may not discuss things like "meet me in cherno" that is out of character and considered Fail RP. To distinguish OOC chat, a good idea would be to present it in brackets such as "((Hey guys, you having fun?))". 

You may use Area chat for advanced actions that aren't in the core game, for example when holding someone up you may want to say things such as "*Bashes leg with stock of gun*". If you encounter players using this you are required to react to it in character. We'd like people to just use general knowledge and react to different situations in the best way that suits RP. 

KOS
As expected, KOS is against the rules. However there are some exceptions. If the KOS is done in a way that suits RP and the certain roleplay situation, then it's absolutely fine. For example: Someone has been stealing from your groups camp, maybe they've been capturing and torturing group members. One night you finally catch the person who's been doing this. you and your group decide to drive him far away. You try get answers out of him but he refuses every method you try. You decide to take him to be executed. You shoot him in the gut and leave him for the infected. That would be part of a roleplay situation and not considered breaking the KOS rule. However if someone runs into a town and spots someone gathering supplies and decides to shoot that person, that would be breaking the KOS rule as no RP aspect would be present. 

Metagaming
Metagaming is when a player acquires knowledge OOC about something their character wouldn't necessarily have knowledge about and of course, acting upon this knowledge. Examples include things like knowing a players name when you shouldn't, making forum posts announcing a shop you've built at a certain location when characters should find it on their own, having knowledge of every item and every location in the game, speaking using OOC terms such as "spawning in" and "logging on". Metagaming is obviously a form of failRP and is against the rules.

FailRP
Fail RP is anything that breaks away from the roleplaying experience. If players break character, do unreasonable, unrealistic things etc. Staying in character should avoid all instances of FailRP. Things such as excessive robbery for no reason upon meeting someone can be classed as FailRP (Big issue with RP on the public servers, no tolerance for the whitelisted servers becoming like that). Of course this doesn't mean robbing isn't allowed, it means if you are going to rob someone, don't do it to every single person you meet upon greeting them and do it in a roleplay fashion instead of just "hey, hands up, drop ur stuff lol". Good roleplay interactions should last for a decent amount of time. There are many things that can fall under failRP, but most can be defined by taking away from an RP experience and not acting accordingly.

Raiding
As you probably know, I don't like the idea of limiting players with rules however regarding raiding on the whitelisted servers, I'd much prefer if people didn't raid everything they see and kept roleplay in mind when thinking of raiding something. If there is a reason to raid something (and not just because you want the gear inside) then go ahead. Maybe its a rivals base or something. Offline raiding is absolutely not tolerated either. It's cheap and doesn't fit RP in any way. In short, have a reason to raid, and don't knowingly offline raid. Raiding shouldn't be much of a common thing anyway though.  

Death
If you character dies, it is totally up to you to decide on what to do next. If you'd like to carry on playing as the same character, that's fine. If you'd like to create a whole new one, that's also fine. However, if you were killed, running back to where you died as fast as you can is FailRP and metagaming. It is also greatly ruining the experience for the people who killed you. There shouldn't be a mindset like this if you are killed. Interactions/experiences>gear should be the priorities here.

Grey Areas
All interactions are different, and can't all be specified for in the rules. If you find yourself in a situation where you're unsure on what to do and can't recall any clarity from the rules, go with what would suit that situation best. Think in-character and act in the best way that would keep your characters life safe. Treat it as though it was real. This is something that you may be faced with at some point, and is something that tests a players RP and improv skills. 

Please know that rules on the whitelist server are a lot more harsh and heavily enforced. Since every RP interaction is different, the rules can't be precisely specific, but I hope they have given a basic guide on how RP should be presented and played out. Anyone caught breaking the rules even once will be permanently banned. We understand that sometimes people make mistakes and if that is the case you may respond to a report explaining your side, you can also submit a ban appeal. 

I encourage the whitelisted community to report players who break rules so we can strengthen the servers with players who are completely dedicated to roleplaying. 

Topic starter Posted : 21/06/2017 3:56 pm
Jelly reacted
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer

So no OOC chat?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2017 8:47 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Opti, he mentioned that you may sometimes use world chat as ooc chat, just nothing that will ruin the rp experience. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2017 9:07 pm
Big Smo
(@big-smo)
Estimable Member Customer

How should death be handled? I think that characters should know everything about their deaths when they respawn, just to make it easier in terms of story. For example, say I got killed during a raid, but managed to figure out a crucial part of the base defenses before that. It would be awkward for me to not know, and how would I explain the time away? If we have the same characters upon death I think that we should have their in-character knowledge continue past their death. When I used to do LARP, if you died you had to start again as a new character, who didn't know anything about specific previous battles, enemies, etc. during that game, which makes sense if you haven't been with the group for the whole thing as that character, but if you have been the same character as you were before death I'd say it makes sense to know about what happened directly up to your death.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2017 3:01 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

yeah, regarding death its totally up to the player. If you wana make a new character go ahead, if you wana keep the current character with current knowledge that's fine too (it'd be hard to keep considering your characters knowledge anyway). All I'd say is returning back to the place you died to get revenge or something wouldn't be very RP-like, it'd also ruin the experience for the players who killed you. 

apart from that its totally up to you:)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/06/2017 5:40 am
dontmindme
(@dontmindme)

@Nylex is this FearRP? (Your life is the most important thing) If so please list it on the rules.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2017 7:35 am
Big Smo
(@big-smo)

I think that's also up to you, but it depends on the character. Some people might be willing to risk their lives to achieve a critical goal, others, not so much.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2017 11:20 am
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

Would be kinda cool to have one life rule, if you die you lose the character, gotta make a new one.. This way killing people would be a big deal, also sometimes people see other players (who have better roleplaying professions) and wanna be them. If they die (only in way not intentional) then they can, in their next life get innovated from that guy and get a role to their likings. I hope you understood what I meant, not the best english ive wrote :/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2017 4:36 pm
Opti
 Opti
(@elmomick)
Reputable Member Customer
Posted by: MrRawr

Would be kinda cool to have one life rule, if you die you lose the character, gotta make a new one.. This way killing people would be a big deal, also sometimes people see other players (who have better roleplaying professions) and wanna be them. If they die (only in way not intentional) then they can, in their next life get innovated from that guy and get a role to their likings. I hope you understood what I meant, not the best english ive wrote :/

Can't you decide on your own that you actually died or just passed out? So if you want to change your character just die instead of returning from passing out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2017 11:03 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

It would be awkward and unrealistic when for eg, you kill a bad bandit infront of witnessed (like cut his head off) and the guy wants to live, so he comes back as the same person. The people would start asking questions and this will result in a shitton of loopholes mate

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2017 2:56 pm
gsop
 gsop
(@gsop)
Trusted Member
Posted by: MrRawr

It would be awkward and unrealistic when for eg, you kill a bad bandit infront of witnessed (like cut his head off) and the guy wants to live, so he comes back as the same person. The people would start asking questions and this will result in a shitton of loopholes mate

I think for this kind of thing, both parties should respect eachother's choice. Maybe instead of killing an evil bandit, lock him in jail. If you know the person wants to make a new character, maybe then execute him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2017 3:36 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

lets say the guy is not a good roleplayer and he resists 'arrest' (btw most people wont have jails in their homes now would they, why would they even get involved with keeping a bandit hostage unless theres a bounty). so killing him would be the answer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2017 12:52 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Heres the thing about that, if it's an accidental death (Zombie, Glitch, ect) that's one thing, you should be able to pass off coming back from that, but like if it's a RP firefight and you die.. Well i'd like it more if you were dead for good, because like Rawr said, killing someone and them coming back the next day is odd.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2017 10:54 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yeah glitches that end up with you dead is fine to go back to, zombies I supposee but they are still a valid threat and legitimate way to be killed.

The whole death thing is a bit of a grey area and there's no real solution to it, so I've just let the people decide if they wana make a new character or not, which ever tickles their fancy really

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/07/2017 4:46 pm
PFQ reacted
Timothy
(@fleikez)

I like keeping my character it's a bit sucky to write a nice well formed background story to then just use another char you didn't even use to apply to join the whitelisted...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2017 7:21 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: