Operation Clean up

Notifications
Clear all

Operation Clean up

Johnf_heart
(@johnf_heart)
Active Member Customer

This would not be a server wipe, but a clean up of the Large scale abandoned bases left behind. Due to the sheer size they can cause players with lower quality computers to lag out or crash. I can understand there may be question of which was abandoned or just still being built. But there are a quite a few bases that are clearly abandoned that are clearly left behind. 

Topic starter Posted : 10/09/2018 11:10 pm
Scorpion...3 reacted
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Unfortunately the only effective way to do this would be to do a map wipe. It'd be very hard to find all the abandoned structures, and if we do, we'd have to manually destroy every piece of them with an admin sword. In the past we've been able to use a plugin called WreckingBall which allowed us to destroy anything within a certain radius, but support for that plugin has been discontinued and it no longer works:(

I'm contemplating suggesting a new approach for bases on servers to Nelson that would solve this problem automatically. I highly doubt big changes like that would be made to the game though since 4.0 is on the horizon. 

But yeah, we do plan to have a map wipe soon, we're working on some new updates to Chernarus then we will wipe (no inventory data will be lost)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2018 12:33 pm
Jono reacted
dontmindme
(@dontmindme)
Estimable Member Customer

Admin sword? dont you have that gun that would destroy everything in a radius?

https://imgur.com/a/NEOO5q7

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2018 11:34 pm
Share: