KOS response and po...

Notifications
Clear all

KOS response and possible improvements!

ZanyISP
(@zanyisp)
Active Member Customer

I have been a pretty active member lately in the Charnerus Server and I have noticed several inconsistencies in the system/process the staff use to help identify, resolve, and refund KOS situations. I personally have been KOSed twice now in a matter of a week and the only acceptable evidence was a video recording. This has cost me about 200,000 caps by now and almost completely destroyed  my experience on the server. I personally have been the owner of several smaller servers and a Moderator for a Longtime on the well known PandaHut RP servers. Personally I see how the server is already running a ton of mods which make gameplay more realistic, however it does not seem like the plugins/configuration of the server allows for an export of the active logs to a 3rd party SQL (which would dramatically improve the staff's ability to manage KOS situations and more). Now, I am not 100% sure what your setup is and I may be wrong, but as I look at the discord and the website there are no other staff ranks below admin. Without a rank such as moderator or helper that does not allow you to have as many people watching for issues, player arguments, as well as the frequent disrespect towards players who are actually trying to play by people who take advantage of being able to get close enough to use their mics. Having that extra rank with limited powers strictly to being able to resolve these situations would drastically improve the gameplay and community by maintaining an RP environment and feel. 

I hope that I can really get some of the experienced players who are actually on the server for fun RP to start looking for these changes as well, along with hopefully choosing to apply for a possible moderator/helper rank to help bring in more RP players to the community.

This topic was modified 5 years ago 2 times by ZanyISP
Topic starter Posted : 09/04/2019 1:44 pm
Nylex reacted
Topic Tags
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!:)

The issue I had with having multiple admin ranks is that you essentially limit what certain people can help with. Imo it seems more beneficial to have 1 admin rank that can help with all situations. However this is just talking from my experience, am very open to change provided a working system can be put in place.

The server setup is very flexible atm, running from a dedicated machine with direct access to the console without any hosting panel limitations. However the reason we need video evidence for KOS is because logs only tell us that a player was killed, we can't determine if it was KOS just through the logs:(
But I think you're right, we should offer some sort of reimbursement. Imo if a player can prove they were KOS'd and prove what they had in their inventory at the time (likely would be shown in the same video) then they should get those items back. I wonder if there's a plugin that can help with that since we'd need to put items into someones inventory while they are offline a lot of the time, which isn't possible with just vanilla rocket.

Also is there a plugin/software that you suggest for exporting logs, and where do they get exported to? 

Some good suggestions here:D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 1:11 pm
ZanyISP reacted
ZanyISP
(@zanyisp)
Active Member Customer

Thank You for the Response! To have the capabilities i'm talking about having a developer  create  a custom plugin that can have all your plugins in one will allow for  you to find and choose a  SQL  program like MySQL  or  your preferred  database. You can then connect the plugin to a online  database where you can give your staff a login to the database to strictly view the logs. This would be the same  type of database that would hold player data, money, and inventories. Having a single plugin  built will cost a bit if you dont already have a Developer, However in the long run this will help the server run and look more professional! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/04/2019 1:47 pm
Kolibob
(@kolibob)
Honorable Member

I can see what you're saying. We did have the moderator group for a while (a proud member of it, too!), which did deal with reimbursements. A way to see all the items lost upon death would prove useful, for sure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2019 1:45 pm
Dr.Beastly
(@dr-beastly)
Eminent Member

make like a swat team for KOS 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2019 5:47 pm
Share: