Making NW Airfield ...

Notifications
Clear all

Making NW Airfield a KOS Zone, thoughts?

Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

It may sound ridiculous, but a lot of the KOS reports- in fact most of them- on Chernaurs take place at NW Airfield. It's got to a point where KOS at the airfield is inevitable. KOS'ers will linger, rule abiding players will be anxious and more likely to KOS in fear of themselves being KOS'd first. Then the reports come in and staff can't tell who's got the bad intentions and who is a rule abiding player. (this is in no means an excuse for players to break rules, I'm just stating the facts).

So to counter this, I had the idea of making the first KOS zone on any server we've had (bold move to make it on the most popular one too!). 

The way it'd work is pretty simple- you enter the area around NW Airfield and a message pops up in chat saying something like "Warning: You have entered a KOS zone, proceed at your own risk!" then, anyone around that area is free to KOS. 

As for rules surrounding it, the specific border of the airfield that people cross to trigger the message wouldn't exactly be the point at which people can and cannot KOS. (so I'm not gonna deal with reports from people who are a meter outside of the border and still call KOS)- it'll be the general area. 

However if people are found camping the border trying to (or succeeding to) kill players far far away in other locations we will treat it just like we do Safezone camping.

Of course, I'd want to know from you the players if you'd like this to be a thing or not- leave a reply letting me know your thoughts!:D

Topic starter Posted : 07/06/2017 8:55 am
MrRawr, xRizhy and HedgeMan reacted
HedgeMan
(@hedgeman)
Eminent Member

Yes, this is a very good job idea. The idea of Kos is very big and so i think a couple places with the best loot should be kos and have red circles on the map indicating where they are such as Tisy, Nw, Mili Camp, and The Airport at the top right!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/06/2017 9:10 am
Pein
 Pein
(@pein)
Reputable Member Customer

yes, because then people have to risk it to get the good loot from there also it would make the kosers go there and kos instead of other places

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2017 1:42 pm
MrRawr
(@mrrawr)
Noble Member

As I stated in my post, it would encourage players to gamble their items for a chance to redeem others',I agree this would be a good idea..should be implemented. Also, it would be cool to see some kind admin built wall on the borders of where the kos zone starts, to prevent campers outside the zone. There could also be an npc inside the airfield with some good items,putting the players in tension and hurrying up what they buy.

^All suggestions BTW, 

Also. I think that other Mas aswell should have a kos zone. Namely, Russia should have volk as it's kos zone. I don't know about other maps,maybe Canada can have Ontario as it's? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2017 1:49 pm
gtastriker02
(@gtastriker02)
Eminent Member Customer

Yeah, I agree with the idea. Considering the several KOS reports in the NW airfield, staff members struggle to do all the work and always have to go to the airfield, so yeah, I agree with the idea. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2017 12:15 am
Dolan
(@dolan)
Reputable Member Customer

Not a bad idea I think you should give it a try

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2017 10:02 am
Skidro
(@skidro)
Eminent Member Customer

Yeah mayaswell, It's basically a war zone already