Notifications
Clear all

Last time.

Cup
 Cup
(@cup)
Reputable Member

Howdy fellas

I'm back with a topic I've talked about way too many times now but never gotten a real answer.

"Revamped chernarus"

I've decided to write about this topic one last time and hope for the best.

By now we all know that Dylan was given the job of revamping chernarus and we all know that project is lost, it's been several months since the last update on the revamp.

The revamp Dylan was working on was not to go old school, but instead modify the map and fix the fps problems etc...

The point I'm chasing is that we don't need those fancy map modifications, we don't need the custom made npc's and we don't need the economy.

When the updates I mentioned were added the point there was to give chernarus a new look, something new and exciting.

I'm sure some people enjoyed the updates, especially the new members in this community, but for us "veterans" it just didn't feel right.

Chernarus was launched in early 2017 and the npc's were added in may, 2018. That was 1,5 years of playing and falling in love with the map and the way the server was made.

Things I personally miss from the old times. (The situation nowadays)

- Overall the survival aspect of Chernarus (The new updates completely ruined it)

- Players actually roaming and exploring the map. (Players are afraid of losing their kredits. 2020 has been a safezone camping year)

- The need to gather resources by yourself, "if you're lazy, you're lazy" No high-end gear for you.(Talk to a few npc's and you're stacked)

- Players actually trading other players in the safezone. (Npc's)

We don't need any fancy revamp's of the map or the server. We need an old school version of Chernarus.

It sounds funny, but we need a "copy - paste" version of Chernarus. Use the old version of the map and add the mods that are usable. No custom npc's, no economy, none of that fancy crap.

The project were talking about is a few hours of work, just a chernarus base with bare minimum done to it.

Can we even give it a chance?

One last time. Give the URP  community what it needs.

Alrighty, that's enough of text, had to get this off my shoulders. 

I'll leave this here to sink in and hopefully make an impact on the community.

Feel free to add to the topic by commenting here. 

Thank you for reading.

It's never too late.

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Cup
Topic starter Posted : 09/12/2020 7:13 pm
Ed
 Ed
(@truemoo)
Prominent Member Customer

Could of said it better my self , Get it done ! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2020 9:56 pm
VTM
 VTM
(@vtm)

I mean overall I agree, but NPC's have never been that op due to any of their items being 10x more expensive than the items actual worth. Not to mention but the npcs help with the longevity of the server too. Also its nice to be able to buy attachments form them since theyd normally be a pain in the ass to find. NPCs also help with vehicles too since cool tanks and stuff might not spawn because of the vehicle cap. Overall I do think we need the NPCs, and I think thats overall Dylans intention.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2020 3:10 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Weirdly enough I fully agree. We received a lot of complaints about the 2017 Chernarus, mainly balancing problems which kickstarted our decision to move the server in a different direction. However looking back, albeit partially blinded by nostalgia, the flaws & unbalanced nature of the server is kinda what made it what it was, and it was fun. We have the capacity to open essentially as many servers as we want, and I am very down for trying to recapture 2017's Chernarus essence. The only issue that's getting in the way is outdated modpacks, and since the community know the server better than anyone we might need your help to find the modpacks, updated and working! (Or suitable replacements).

As for the NPCs, it's really hit n miss. I've always been the type of guy that believed in full on survival without economy. However I really do see the value that NPCs can bring to a server like others have said above- which is why they were added in the first place. 
It'll take a lot of thinking to come to a decision on the NPCs as its a huge change for the server.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2020 2:32 pm
Cup
 Cup
(@cup)
Reputable Member

@vtm 

It's not about the npc's. If we would keep the npc's we would have to keep the economy.

There are a few different options

- Keep the npc's and the economy, but remove the ability to buy kredits for that server. 

- Remove the economy and the npc's.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/12/2020 2:34 pm
Cup
 Cup
(@cup)
Reputable Member
Ed
 Ed
(@truemoo)
Prominent Member Customer
Posted by: @vtm

I mean overall I agree, but NPC's have never been that op due to any of their items being 10x more expensive than the items actual worth. Not to mention but the npcs help with the longevity of the server too. Also its nice to be able to buy attachments form them since theyd normally be a pain in the ass to find. NPCs also help with vehicles too since cool tanks and stuff might not spawn because of the vehicle cap. Overall I do think we need the NPCs, and I think thats overall Dylans intention.

we don't need npcs. Npcs are just a easy way to get loot faster and with no consequence. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2020 12:53 am
Šcòrpíöñ
(@scorpiontherightfulking)
Trusted Member Customer

I don't think NPCs killed Chernarus and I don't think they were necessarily bad for Chernarus, if they're limited to the bandit camps that were in 2017-2018 Chernarus then we'd be Gucci. So I think the way we save the player base of Chernarus is removing the new safe zones and limiting the safe zones to the bandit camps you'll get a performance increase and players will have to explore and loot for their gear and when they get the high-end gear they won't just camp at SZ because there is no reason to. But there's just one more thing that we must explore and that is Chernarus videos, Mr Nylex has said before that he thinks Chernarus's player base started to fall because he stopped making videos on it and I believe this to be true, maybe this isn't what killed it entirely but it was a factor, now I'm not saying that we should lock Nylex into a basement and force him to make videos (although that would be great), but Chernarus's player base would probably increase if we got another Chernarus raid video or survival video.

While we wait for a Chernarus update I would suggest that we wipe Chernarus completely (map, characters, inventory etc.) and announce this wipe in #announcements.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/12/2020 7:23 am
Cup
 Cup
(@cup)
Reputable Member

@scorpiontherightfulking

It's just the thing that the safezones is a part of chernarus. Safezones have always been there and in my opinion they should be there.

If we would remove the safezones we would lose a big part of the content. The reason why people camped the safezones was because they didn't want to lose their kredits and that's why I'm against the economy.

Safezones were fun when there was no economy or the npc's. Back then players made shops that actually sold hard earned loot. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/12/2020 9:02 am
Šcòrpíöñ
(@scorpiontherightfulking)
Trusted Member Customer
Posted by: @cup

@scorpiontherightfulking

It's just the thing that the safezones is a part of chernarus. Safezones have always been there and in my opinion they should be there.

If we would remove the safezones we would lose a big part of the content. The reason why people camped the safezones was because they didn't want to lose their kredits and that's why I'm against the economy.

Safezones were fun when there was no economy or the npc's. Back then players made shops that actually sold hard earned loot. 

I agree that safe zones should remain in Chernarus but I'm saying that the current big safe zones that drain performance should be removed. I don't think the economy causes people to camp the safe zones, the people you're talking about are probably the ones that buy special kits off the store and that is a big reason why we have campers in the safe zones, but the safe zones right now don't offer anything to the server imo, they just drain performance. I don't remember the name of the safe zone but it is in the middle of the map and it had 2 NPCs which you could buy things from and that was it, that was the place where all the player to player trading went down and I think we should go back to that not have these big safe zones as we have currently.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/12/2020 12:57 pm
Josh
 Josh
(@josh-12)
Posted by: @cup

Howdy fellas

I'm back with a topic I've talked about way too many times now but never gotten a real answer.

"Revamped chernarus"

I've decided to write about this topic one last time and hope for the best.

By now we all know that Dylan was given the job of revamping chernarus and we all know that project is lost, it's been several months since the last update on the revamp.

The revamp Dylan was working on was not to go old school, but instead modify the map and fix the fps problems etc...

The point I'm chasing is that we don't need those fancy map modifications, we don't need the custom made npc's and we don't need the economy.

When the updates I mentioned were added the point there was to give chernarus a new look, something new and exciting.

I'm sure some people enjoyed the updates, especially the new members in this community, but for us "veterans" it just didn't feel right.

Chernarus was launched in early 2017 and the npc's were added in may, 2018. That was 1,5 years of playing and falling in love with the map and the way the server was made.

Things I personally miss from the old times. (The situation nowadays)

- Overall the survival aspect of Chernarus (The new updates completely ruined it)

- Players actually roaming and exploring the map. (Players are afraid of losing their kredits. 2020 has been a safezone camping year)

- The need to gather resources by yourself, "if you're lazy, you're lazy" No high-end gear for you.(Talk to a few npc's and you're stacked)

- Players actually trading other players in the safezone. (Npc's)

We don't need any fancy revamp's of the map or the server. We need an old school version of Chernarus.

It sounds funny, but we need a "copy - paste" version of Chernarus. Use the old version of the map and add the mods that are usable. No custom npc's, no economy, none of that fancy crap.

The project were talking about is a few hours of work, just a Chernarus base with bare minimum done to it.

Can we even give it a chance?

One last time. Give the URP  community what it needs.

Alrighty, that's enough of text, had to get this off my shoulders. 

I'll leave this here to sink in and hopefully make an impact on the community.

Feel free to add to the topic by commenting here. 

Thank you for reading.

It's never too late.

its really about time we got a new Chernarus, the server has so much potential, its just been left to stagnate, and there's a real gap in the market for a high quality, properly run survival RP server, which URP could really capitalise on.

In reference to the NPCs, i think they're definitely unbalanced, get a 5 man on, grind for a day and you can get up to over £2,000,000, now you've got a fleet of 10 BMPs and you can wipe the server.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Josh
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/05/2022 2:24 pm
benshaw32
(@benshaw32)

Sleep is the most important part of your day, something that you look forward to all day long. The exhaustion of work can often take a toll on you and lead you to daydream about sleep. This usually happens when you wake up tired even after sleeping for good 8 hours. Researchers believe that your body relaxed when you sleep and takes care of all the bodily functions that enable your productivity in the morning. This means that you need to be well-rested before you are ready to take on another day's task.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/07/2022 8:28 am
ScuffedCookie
(@scuffedcookie)

i never played it but it sounds fun, hopefully it gets revived

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2022 9:02 am
alvisanderson
(@alvisanderson)

It's just the thing that the safe zones is a part of churners. The only issue that's getting in the way is outdated mudpacks, and since the community know the server better than anyone we might need your help to find the mudpacks, updated and working! (Or suitable replacements).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/08/2022 8:07 am
Share: