Notifications
Clear all

The Legend of Grim Hennessy - (pt.1)

Rabbid_Rabbits
(@rabbid_rabbits)
Active Member Customer

June 13/2017 - Chernarus - 0400 hrs.

Grim Hennessy, entry #1:

It's cold. The sounds of explosions in the distance never fade, but those aren't the only ones. We've been pinned down for hours now with no sign of reinforcements inbound. The Bandit forces have us out gunned for miles, their artillery is too strong for our men in the ground and our allies can't send in the air support we need to move forward. It's a blood bath. Our allies were based too far by the Russian military base, but our hopes to "utilize our strengths simultaneously and as strategically as possible" was a miss. We desperately need another battalion by our side to even stand a chance against these hellish people! We need to do something, and we need to do it fast.

Dr. James Docherty "Doc", entry #1:

There's wounded everywhere, Grim has been on the radio for hours with our Allied Factions and they haven't done a thing for us! We're running low on medical supplies and can't move any of the wounded without more morphine, there's blood, guts and brains everywhere! I don't even know why I left to go get those purification tablets in the next town over, now I've been followed back. I wanted to help but I never thought it would be like this! It's a living nightmare! We haven't been able to move since the guys first helped me get back and now I don't think we are going to even make it outta here alive!

Pvt. Dane Alcowitz, entry #1:

Today is my birthday, I'm turning 19. It'd be nice spending it in a warm pub with my friends and family than out here in the cold mud and blood of my brothers-in-arms, being pinned down by Bandit hellfire like a metal rain that blows horizontally at 100mph. My best friend Joey and I were like brothers and we've always had each others' back, that is, until we landed here. See we aren't from here, like most the guys. Joey took shrapnel to the eye as soon as we hit the ground and bled out within minutes, I couldn't leave his body at all until Grim dragged me away himself and into the trenches. I don't know what I'm gunna do without him, I don't know what I'll tell his family. The pain is unbearable for myself, I can only imagine what it'll be like for them, and for that, I'm truly sorry. I was always jealous of Joey, I looked up to him and he really was like a brother to me, the brother I never had. Joey was always better at things than I was, he even got the girls before me! We grew up together in a small town in Minnesota and went to join the Resistance at the same time together one day. I significantly regret that decision. I love my freedom, but I never wanted to lose my best friend for it.

Juan Hernandez, entry #1:

I came to Elektro to look for a better life, and that's exactly what I got. Now I'm over here in Chernarus fighting for my family to show them my gratitude and try to protect them the best that I can... To help protect you my son, but I never expected this. I've grown pretty close to Doc, he's a pretty cool guy, but he can be really on edge sometimes. He's the Dr. in our group and at least you know he will always be close by to me. I don't know if I'm going to make it out of here though, everybody is in some pretty rough shape and I don't know how much longer we can hold off on this hilltop. The Bandit's are everywhere. If I don't make it home, I want you to know I love you even though I never got to meet you, stay strong son, for this may not be the last battle. Take care of your mother.

Love, Your Father,
                                                              Juan Hernandez

Sgt. Elijah Johnson "Eli/Sarge"

Me and the Grim are pretty close, and I know when something's wrong with him. He's been on edge for about 3 hours now and something's up, only Doc really gets that way, but he's usually like that anyways, you can never tell with him. I've tried to ask what's wrong, I mean besides the hail of bullets flying over our heads, it's like the Bandit's have an unlimited amount of ammunition down there, if only we could make it down and around them, we could get in there and blow them up! I've tried to tell the Grim my plan but he's been on that damn radio instead of doing something about our situation, it's not like him. I'm starting to get worried, but I think that he might be starting to finally snap out of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The team made it down from a spontaneous bombardment of explosions and machine gun fire from the Allied Faction Coalition (A.F.C.). Their Submarine and Hinds came from around the cove out of thin air and armed to the teeth, like a pirate ghost ship you hear in scary stories and see in the movies, or so it was said. The A.F.C. stormed the beach in a flash, laying down heavy fire up-hill and gave the team the chance to finally make a break for it down and around the hilltop, where they were able to clear out many of the enemy bandits and bunkers before sunrise.

Sarge and Grim regrouped with the A.F.C. leaders down near northern Chernarus. "What the HELL took you guys so long?!" Grim asked, with a sly smirk across his face from ear to ear. Grim continued, "We took a hell of a beating up there boys, can we get a couple of medics to help out Doc?". Just as the one of The A.F.C. Captains motioned the medics over, a massive explosion took the attention of everyone that heard it. It was more Bandit's. The explosion was a distraction and they swarmed in from all sides where the group and A.F.C. were. Eli looked to Grim, "How the hell can there be more of them?! Where are they coming from?!"

Grim, Eli, Dane, Doc and Hernandez pushed through from building to building using the alleyways and side streets to get away from the commotion. Unfortunately what they didn't know was just how well the Bandit's really were prepared, and before anybody could even shout out, a sniper shot Dane in the leg. "It's just a flesh wound! Get up and get behind cover!" Grim shouted to Dane and the others. "I'll need some cover fire while I reposition over there!" Grim pleads as he points across the wide open street, dead set in the sights of the Bandit sniper. "You got it boss!" Replies Hernandez, as he sets up his bipod. "FIRE! NOW, GO, GO, GO!" Grim darts across the street, dodging shots from the sniper left and right. As he makes it to the other side he kisses his rifle and whispers to himself, "Surprise Mother Fucker..."    

*BANG*

One shot, one kill. Grim's shot was a success, and the group moved on. They zig zagged around the city, checking every corner and clearing every possible building until they got to the North of Chernarus again. Under the leadership of Grim Hennessy the squad was the only surviving group from their Faction's team that was sent in, so they had to come up with a plan. Sarge pipes up again, "So, about these explosives I have in my bag....." Grim and the rest of the group glance towards Sarge. "Eli, you bloody genius!" Grim was ecstatic, and they moved in to execute the plan. The team managed to set a surrounding circle around a mass majority of Bandits huddled together over the span of a couple of blocks.

It was time, and Eli set of the charges. Explosions starting going off in a domino effect, and as the sun came up, the sounds of explosions stopped. For just a moment, just one moment, every single person at war that day took a minute to appreciate the magnificence of the Legendary Grim Hennessy. Heroically stood above the chaos and proudly holding his trusty sniper in one hand and cigarette in the other, and shouted at the top of his lungs; "FREEDOM!". Then all of the sudden, the terrifying Colonel Gustav Friedmann drove up in his APC, stepped down and instantly executed the first man in sight that wasn't killing A.F.C. Resistance fighters. Then that's when it happened, a Bandit Officer snuck up on alongside Juan Hernandez and chopped his head clean off.

That was the biggest mistake the Bandit's could have ever done. This set off a chain reaction which caused the forming and uprising of the revolution after Bandit's had overrun Chernarus and surrounding areas. Col. Gustav Friedmann was named head Bandit Leader in the Bandit occupied territories. Now, ironically Friedmann means "peaceful" or "peacemaker", and I can tell you, Col. Gustav Friedmann was no peaceful man, he was a tyrant. Nearly as bad as Hitler himself if not worse. The day Hernandez was killed, the members of his squad retaliated and managed to shoot down his killer to avenge his death, led by Grim Hennessy himself.

Now angered and alone after the unforeseen death of both of his parents, Juan's son Junior chooses to target Friedmann himself for his own revenge, considering he was the commander on the battlefield that day for the Bandit invasion and was ultimately the reason for his father's death. But Grim had other plans....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julio Juan Jr. Hernandez - a.k.a. "Junior" (Juan's son)

My father was a hero. I never got to meet him, but I've heard many stories, and even though he isn't here right now, he's still the person I look up to. He's my father after all. I was born here in Chernarus after he left for the war, and his sacrifice will now forever be in vein. Friedmann. It was him. It's all his fault! He's the reason why my father is dead and he's the reason this country is overrun by Bandit's now! I will get my revenge, whether I die in the process or not. I am not a coward, I am my father's son! The Bandit's will pay for all they have done and will regret ever stepping foot on this soil! Viva La Revolution! I am a Freedom Fighter!

Colonel Gustav Friedmann, entry #1:

Friedmann was the colonel for the Bandit invasion and ultimately the reason for Hernandez' death and became the overseer of Chernarus and surrounding area after the war. He was not like other  Bandit Officers, infact, he had nothing against the Russian people at all. His only motivation to join the Bandit forces was purely out of hatred for civilization, which is exactly what he aimed to destroy.

-story-

Russia still combats Bandit forces and try to out gun them through pure force. The Bandits advance throughout various parts of Chernarus in hopes to gain an advantage against the Russian military by flanking them in either sides. The Bandit campaign ends in bloodshed for both sides, yet ensuring the safety of Chernarus and Elektro. The Russian paramilitary groups sent on an assassination attempt against Gustav was a miss, and also a misdirect, which included the smuggling of Resistance Fighters into Elektro and hidden until the time was right. Russia and The A.F.C and the group all end up working together to combat the Bandit powerhouse army and continued to smuggle rebels throughout Elektro and harbor them in multiple underground bunkers to build up enough strength to finally push against the Bandit's defensive lines. Jaun Jr. Gathers a group of citizens who have all lost something to the Bandit's who invaded and started his own revolution in Staroye which caused a great distraction to the whole of the Bandit invasion and forces Gustav to send an astonishing force over to Elektro to regain control. This opened up a hole in the Chernarus front and allowed the rebels hidden away to move forward and commence the attack into strategically placed Bandit bases and camps silently through the night, eliminating any resistance given by the Bandits. Not a word from any of the bases/camps made it out to the frontline in hopes for any reinforcements. As far as Gustav knew, things were as normal as ever. Once the Bandit's managed to track down the majority of the freedom fighters in Staroye, Jr. made a very narrow escape into the brush on the outskirts of Balota, where the final battle between the freedom fighters and the Bandit's took place. Only he and a fellow fighter made it out safely, where they then managed to hitch a ride on a raft up to the NE where a furious revolution had just arised. When Jr. and his female companion made it to a lieutenant of the revolution and told him their story, they were immediately brought to the leader who then inducted them into her ranks. This is where Jr. and Grim meet for the first time..... 

TO BE CONTINUED...

By: Grim Hennessy - Rabbid_Rabbits

(sorry this got long and I got tired lol)

Topic starter Posted : 30/03/2018 8:29 am
Share: