Staff Sergeant John...

Notifications
Clear all

Staff Sergeant John Norris, Log 1

John Norris
(@john-norris)
Eminent Member

Fourth of March, year 2014. It's been a few months since the outbreak. I don't know how much longer i'll last, or if anyone will read this. Nevertheless...

My name is John Norris. I am... No, I was, Staff Sergeant amongst the Royal Canadian Mounted Police forces. I write this log, in case there's someone else out there. In case I am not the only one still amongst the living.. It all started in January. It was the new year, I was celebrating with my family, at home... Home, how much i miss having a home.. We recieved a phone call. My wife, Maria, picked up the phone, and handed it over to me, saying it sounded urgent. The mood in the air was feastive, i remember it so well.. And miss it so much. I took the phone from her hand and responded. It was the Commissioner. He told me there was a situation he couldn't discuss on the phone, and that he was recalling every member of the departement to homebase. He didn't sound joyful. I told the family that I had to go, that I was needed at work, and that i wouldn't be long. I didn't want to break the ambiance by my suddent absence.

With my uniform on my back, i took the car, and drove straight to my departement. I still remember the air.. The atmosphere. It was nothing like my family, no. It felt cold. The sky had darkened quite a bit, there were so many clouds...  I parked my car in the parking lot, and noticed the ambulances already on the site. As soon as i took a step in the building, i already had a glimpse of the horror that awaited us. There were medics helping men and women on the ground, bleeding like they would have had their neck bitten off. In the middle of the room, a fellow collegue was attempting to pin a wierd man on the ground, but he kept wiggling and struggling, the likes i've only seen in the animal kingdom, when a prey is desperately trying to run out of their predator's jaws. That man... His skin was partially greened out. His mouth was covered in blood. I quickly linked his bloody mouth with the medics on the ground, and the poor victims.

He wasn't the only one. My collegues were attempting to stop a few more of them, all with cuffs on their wrists, yet still struggling like no man i had seen so far. I heard someone yell my name. It was the Commissioner. He told me a dozen more reports of similar events were happening all over the city. He had me dispatched in sector twenty two of the city. I was sent with my partner, Jerry. We had always been a little joyful on the job, knowing we served our country and maintained law and order. But he wasn't happy today. He looked sad.. No, more than sad. I could feel the anguish that was emaning from him. When i asked him what was the matter, he told me that his wife was giving birth right now, at the hospital. Yet he was here, on the field. Not only that, but he told me that the hospital's staff was overflowing with people who had been assaulted, and gravely wounded.

I tried to cheer him up, show him that today was just a bad day. But how could I do that, when even I didn't believe myself? That day was not normal. We were nearely at the site, when i had to brusquely stop the car. A handful of soldiers were blocking the road. When i got out to ask what was going on, they informed us that a major threat was but a few streets off, and that they were blocking the roads. Not two seconds later after he spoke, i saw more soldiers in the back, closing off the road with sandbags, fences, and a large IFV. He informed us that this no longer relied on us, but rather, on them. That the situation had evolved...

The area isn't safe. Should anyone find this, know that i passed by here. Perhaps you will find the next log, if i do not die by the time i find another secure place to stay at.

Topic starter Posted : 02/04/2017 4:01 am
Pein
 Pein
(@pein)
Reputable Member Customer

damn good story bro

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2017 11:05 am
Share: