A confusing night

Notifications
Clear all

A confusing night

VTM
 VTM
(@vtm)

Dear Staff Team and other players that may be reading,

Tonight on May 10, 2019 I was banned for, from my point of view, killing an admin during a base raid. I have been told I broke the rules because I KOSed. I have read the rules and to quote the rules, "There are only 3 places where KOS is completely allowed with no limits on our servers: 1. The dedicated KOS Zone, usually marked on the map and/or regioned with warnings. 2. Any active base/base raid (This does not include random or clearly heavily abandoned structures, they do not count as bases) 3. Any active airdrop location and vehicle event location." I practiced the second KOS rule and KOSed during a base raid. I have been told that I was also banned for, "1. You're in a popular area 2. You barely gave any chance for the by passers to give a clear intent if they are to counter raid or pass by, you used that as a clear excuse to just KOS 3. You were raiding in an enclosed area so there was no need to just stop and go KOS 4. Once all the lockers are destroy and you've left the base the raid ends." To dispute these claims I must say 1. It never says in the rules I cant raid on a popular road 2. Give a chance to those around isn't in the rules and its not like I shot at a car driving away 3. How does it make any sense that I cant pop out and check and kill any possible counter raiders because its "enclosed" and plus it became an unenclosed area when I removed the wall 4. The lockers weren't gone and I was leaving to the SZ because I had to go eat dinner for early mothers day and didn't want to combat log also the base had a teammate still inside raiding the remaining lockers. I also have video evidence of the situation, which other players have agreed that my video shows a fair KOS. 

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYUdY5OGCVg&feature=youtu.be

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/vandalthemenace/

Sincerely, 

VTM, A Very Confused Boi

Topic starter Posted : 11/05/2019 5:10 am
Daved reacted
Daved
(@daved)
Active Member Customer

why was he banned for real

i dont see any problem the lord even fuckin quoted the rules how do you argue with that 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2019 6:52 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

IMO, you didn't break any rules, but it was a bit immediate how you killed Bob when he was just stood still. But fair enough, heat of the moment and you were in a rush etc. Plus it's not against the rules. 

If anything, this situation just proves the rules need to be reconsidered and rewrote in regards to raiding. The problem is I don't want to have players feeling like they're walking on eggshells, which is why I've purposefully kept the rules quite basic, to allow as much freedom as possible. 

Idk who said a raid ends as soon as you leave the base, but that is a stupid 'rule' that we don't have. A raid ends at the same time it would in a pvp raiding server, it's just common sense really, no specifics around it. 

Anyway, you're unbanned. LMK when you're on the server so we can /restore your inv. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2019 3:13 pm
Share: