Notifications
Clear all

Mal Maccadam's Whitelist application (I'm just posting this as a way to save it)

Amalgamous
(@amalgamous)

How old are you?:14

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?:yes

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: I have tried and tried again to find a fair and enjoyable Unturned RP server, and i feel like this is the best one out there

Do you have a working microphone?:yes

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!):Yes, I used to run a small server called New America Rp, and i have played many different Rp servers

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic: 

Info:

Name: Mal Macadam                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Age: 30                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Date Of birth: May 5th, 1988                                                                                                                                                                                                                Heritage: American, born in Miami                                                                                                                                                                                                    Profession: Bar Owner/Computer Engineer

Mal was born into a middle class American Family in Miami, his father as a structural engineer, and his mother as a police officer. He contantly went dumpster diving in Miami just for fun, where he found a ton of discarded computer parts. With these parts he built his first robot when he was 8, and it functioned perfectly. People eventually heard about the robotics genius who could take a pile of useless parts and build an extremely useful machine. By the time he was 16 several major corporations, such as Sarif Industries and Tyrell Corp, were all clamoring to get his designs.

When he was only 18 he started his own robotics company, but his company went under simply because he didn't have the social skills to be able to get his employees to work together or to find customers. That's what happens when you spend you life with computers.

When he was 23 and still living out of his mom's garage, he realized that the reason his business went under was because he couldn't connect with people. He, of course, had no idea on how to rectify this problem.

An idea came to him 3 months later while watching a re-run of Cheers, he would start a bar so that he could learn how to be friendly. He used all his remaining money to buy an old dilapidated building on 8th street, where he opened the first Macadam's Oil House. 

In his bar, he tried to mechanize and automate everything. This lead to the success of his bar simply because tech nerds wanted to see all the cool contraptions he had built, while everyone else just wanted a drink. This bar made him thousands of dollars, and more importantly, taught him how to connect with people and make friends.

Mal was in his bar when he heard the news reports of Washington going to chaos because of a "Zombie" virus. Of course, he was a very superstitious person, so he installed an armory into the bar, and built automated defenses (sentries and spikes that would come out of the wall at the push of a button).

Once the outbreak reached Florida, Mal called up as much family as he could, so that they could all hide out in the bar. Turns out, not everyone was clean in the hideout. His parents were both infected, and they started attacking him. Mal told them to back off, but they were relentless. So, he pulled out a model 1887 from under the bar counter and, one shot, two shot both his parents were dead. This caused him to be extremely decathect later in life.

Soon, The bar was overrun and Mal had no choice but to escape, as everyone else got infected. So he went to the roof and build a gyro copter out of an air conditioning unit and some air ducts and flew away as fast as he could. As he flew, he knew in his heart that he could have saved the others, he just wasn't able to act quick enough. He later landed in Orlando and found a long-range radio transmitter. the chatter on the radio said that there was a place that was still uninfected, Chenarus. He then set a course for Chenarus  and flew as fast as his ghetto-copter would let him. 

Upon landing, he was surrounded by zombies. Apparently this "Untouched Country" was all a lie. He now spends his time trying to rebuild the life he had, trying to make some friends for once in his life, and trying to find and kill the radio operator who lied to him.

Mal Maccadam is afraid to get too attached to people, for fear of losing them. He generally tries to be friendly towards other people he meets, but if you get on his bad side, you're there permanently. Mal is cold and calculating to a point that he sees killing people as a decision to ensure his safety, not as taking another human's life. He is eternally loyal to his friends, and if you mess with his friends, you mess with him. If someone ever betrays his trust, there is nothing that can stop him from killing them.

If you ever run across Mal Maccadam, don't get on his bad side, don't mess with his bar, and most definitely don't mess with his friends. 

Steam profile URL:   http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198203363584/

OOC Note: I do not have the robotics genius thing in my backstory as "A cheaty way to get sentries", I have it as a way of explaining how someone can take rangefinder, a spotlight, and a gun rack and be able to make an automated turret that has advanced AI that can recognized human gestures and whether someone has a weapon equipped.  

Topic starter Posted : 22/04/2018 8:55 pm
Share: