Notifications

VTM's Staff App  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
VTM
 VTM
(@vtm)
Noble Member

Let me start this out by saying that no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes and does things in the heat of the moment they latter regret. What really makes the difference is what the person does to prevent, fix, and mend those mistakes. I, being human and all, have also made many mistakes that I regretted. Sometimes I didn't do what I should have done to prevent myself  from making the same mistake again; everyone does that sometimes. I've done and said things I shouldn't have, maybe I should have let it go, or been a little less hot headed. That doesn't make me a bad person or leader though, as long as I learned from it. I'm going to try to be unbiased and truthful about my mistakes, if you want more context just ask. I've also done many good things for the player base which I will also be unbiased about. I also hope to do many good things in the future for the server and be a good help to the staff even when my application is rejected or forgotten about.

In this paragraph I'm going to be talking about my previous mistakes without throwing any shade or accusations. The first time I ever was ever banned on the server was around February of 2019 when I got in a flying bus with Adovin the hacker. At the time I thought that it would be fun and wouldn't cause any issues, obviously I was wrong and I have learnt from that experience. Basically don't get into a white bus with a man driving it claiming its a magical flying bus. I was unbanned a week latter by Nylex (I think) because he thought that we thought it was ok because he had flew in a bus with the hacker and a bunch of other players earlier (I might be wrong on that since it was so long ago). The second time I was banned from the server was around June of 2019, because I killed someone at a base raid who was stood still. I was banned for a few days while the admins looked over the tricky situation, and it was deemed that it was a mistake and I was promptly unbanned by Nylex. I did get a little hot headed because I felt it was unfair, but if something like this happens again I'll keep my cool. The next ban was from the Discord in August of 2019. I was getting hot headed in an argument with an admin and was banned. I made an appeal and was latter unbanned by Nylex. The next ban was in September of 2019 on the Discord, I had done a really good job of keeping my cool even when an admin was insulting and understandably angry at me for something that was non-malicious that me and Fish had fun doing. That's not what got me banned though, I was banned because I had ghost pinged someone several times. I've learnt that no matter what reason its not ok to ghost ping someone. I was unbanned by Justin and am now alive and well in the discord. If you do have question concerning any of my bans please feel free to ask, but I wont be as bare bones and unbiased in my responses though they will be truthful and honest and also I will also avoid throwing shade. I do hope you don't just read this and ignore the good things I've done.

In this paragraph I will mainly follow the format and tell you what good I've done for the server. I live in the center of the US, the good ol' heartland in the CST timezone. I played on the server on Cherno about 2 years ago back in 2017 after I saw The Train Heist. I had a really bad PC back then and didnt play much. I've became really active in the past year with (I think) about 700+ hours on the server, 13,969 messages on the discord, and 300 posts on the forums. I'm always responding to when players need help and solve as many problems possible as a normal player. This includes, but is not limited to, directing players to the forums when they want a shop or have a report to make, telling players they need evidence to report someone, responding to reports so they get attention from the admins, pointing admins to unsolved reports that have valid evidence, responding to shop apps to give them tips to make it better and getting good applications notice, interacting with players by giving them tips to survive or telling them good looting locations, fighting for the fair treatment of players, giving things to players when they're in need, giving players money for things they try to give me for free, hosting fun events like hide and seek in the SZ for several thousand of my own caps, helping build buildings for videos and other small things, helping admins host events, seeking friendly interactions with people in discord, and getting server destroying admin weapons meant for wiping bases out of players hands. My good deeds have obviously made players like me, this is shown quite often when players who have been MIA for a while come back and greet me first. One of the more extreme situations of this is when I was in a call with D4 and Dylan when a face I had not seen in a very long time, and even thought D4 (the best Co-Owner ever) and Dylan were in the call he greats me first. Happens a lot tbf and I think its because I am around and try to help. There's all kinds of other little stuff that happens here and there too but I think I mentioned most of it. I mean think of it, if I do this much and I'm not admin, imagine all the good I could do as admin. 

In this paragraph I'll be talking about what I hope to achieve if I am accepted as an admin. Mainly I'd just do stuff to help the player base out without any bias towards any group of players. I'd give players shops and manage the SZ, do all kinds of forums stuff, and other little tasks like that. I'd also host fun events like racing, puzzles, treasure hunts, hide and seek, etc. One thing I'd do is only give out fair prizes to the winners such as, caps, a little scrap, cool and fun vehicles, stuff that doesn't really have that big of an impact on the server. I'd do it just to make the server a little more fun. I would also help out with Nylex videos and other stuff like that. Something that I will do to remain as unbiased as possible is keep out of calls with players I consider friends (just to keep people happy so it doesn't cause drama). I will treat all players the same, if I see someone I consider a friend do something against the rules they get treated the same as everyone else and get a ban. I will also let other admins take care of ban appeals of players I call friends so I can stay unbiased. I really really want to be able to contribute to the server in the way an admin can with as much fairness and balance as possible. 

In conclusion I'd say I'd fit into the staff team pretty well. I've learnt from previous mistakes and even though I can get a little hot headed in arguments with people that I know/people that have been part of the community for awhile, I'm level headed in situations with new players and other players and their bans. I've been a part of the community and am a noticeable and friendly person, and most of the staff team have also interacted and been in calls with me. I also have great plans for the future of the server and improvements that can be made along with the normal admin work. I hope I'm at least considered and maybe if I'm a good enough candidate I'll be admin one day. Thank you so very much for reading and have a wonderful day!
Sincerely,

Vandal The Menace 

P.S. If you're going to leave a comment negative or positive please give good feedback and please don't just say "you kos you bad" or "you give me stuff you good" and if you fell I'm immature tell me why you think that it would be very helpful.                 

Posted : 22/10/2019 1:42 am
Ed
 Ed
(@truemoo)
Noble Member

No, 

You already have a past records of bans which already isn’t getting you nowhere in staff . As well staff aren’t going to vote for you in staff. 

-Rep

dont know what you were thinking

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2019 2:43 am
VTM liked
VTM
 VTM
(@vtm)
Noble Member

Thanks for your insightful comment. Ill go into detail about the bans. The first one was a ban for going under the map with Adovin which really affected no one and was actually used as blackmail against Nut. The second ban was because the admin that banned me was a little to quick to ban and even apologized for his mistake!  I'm sorry for whatever I did to deserve you holding a grudge against me! Personally I can't hold grudges and like to give people second chances for little things they've done. Not to mention I don't care if you say staff aren't going to vote for me because you aren't them. Also I thought maybe actually accepting what I've done wrong would show how mature I am! Apparently volunteering my time and showing that I really care isn't good enough for you! Thank you again so much for your comment, its really changed my whole life and my way of thinking!      

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2019 3:04 am
crazy bob
(@crazy-bob)
Noble Member

I would start out not to be part of a group priding themselves on kicking your enemies when they are down.

The enemies being some random dudes who made clear that the repeated raiding and following verbal abuse following that is really spoiling their fun on the server...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2019 9:57 am
VTM
 VTM
(@vtm)
Noble Member

I’m telling you now that it shouldn’t matter what group I’m in. I’ve participated in a few raids of their base but did not contribute to the verbal abuse. Not to mention the base that these “random dudes” (they’re not random one bit, we’ve had a long history with these guys) made a base that is legitimately designed for pvp. I would like if you only judged me instead of my group, because it’s me applying for admin, not them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2019 12:58 pm
crazy bob
(@crazy-bob)
Noble Member

I hate to bring it to you , but associating yourself with certain groups/types will disqualify one for certain positions.

As is the case irl. (this is of course just my personal opinion, Nylex and/or other admins may think different about this)

And about the behaviour of the group, i've had multiple conversations with members stating they have indeed been bullying and toxic (but think it's ok as long as it does not kill the server.....

If you are part of that you are not admin material (again, in my opinion)

This post was modified 3 years ago by crazy bob
ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2019 2:09 pm
VTM
 VTM
(@vtm)
Noble Member

I may be in the group, but that does not mean I necessarily agree with what they do. A real life example is that I live in the US, some people are racist and live in the same country as me but that doesn’t mean I agree with that. Even I don’t agree with some things the government does. Just because one of my group members raid everything they see doesn’t mean I will. If the group were to start breaking a lot of rules I’d understand, but my group is one that follows the rules. Thanks for the quick response though! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2019 4:29 pm
crazy bob
(@crazy-bob)
Noble Member

Sorry but your somparison doesnt hold even a drup of water, a better one would be : someone joins the KKK , can you hold him acountable for the racist views and actions taken by that group.

You are voluntary member of a group that thinks it's ok to bully people on a server that mostly has underage players...need to say more? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2019 6:04 pm
crazy bob
(@crazy-bob)
Noble Member

btw , I should be shot for my typos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2019 6:21 pm
VTM
 VTM
(@vtm)
Noble Member

I am a underage player of this server, and I feel that your comparison is a little bit harsh. A better comparison would be this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun. Im in the group because I can get funding to build bases, I dont like what they say and have told them that they probably shouldnt say the stuff they are. I cant control others actions and words, and tbf I could say about the same thing about the staff team you are part of, because one of you (not gunna name names) commonly spams the N-word in in-game chat. This is the last thing Ima say bout this, I understand your view but I think its a little unfair to judge me based on my group and not me as an individual. I'd be really happy on comments about only me, because again I am the one applying for admin and not my group, so itd be really nice for comments to pertain to me because just like you arent defined by other staff that say the n-word, Im not defined by my groups actions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2019 3:25 am
Justin_
(@justinedits)
Staff

I'm gonna end this swiftly, VTM you're chances of being staff at all are non-existant, I'm sorry to say but when we discussed new staff Nylex already told us you wouldn't ever make it due to your ban record, sketchy history with trust and in general if we gave you admin we're worried what you'd do to benefit your group in future drama events.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2019 5:27 pm
THX_4_FOOD
(@thx_4_food)
Staff

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm            big homo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2019 5:28 pm
Skinny_rooster
(@skinny_rooster)
Estimable Member

I have every reason to not want VTM as staff. It is fair for him to not be staff as long as there is a reason. The reason of his group is toxic doesn't matter at all because if he doesn't abuse his power and is active as admin then he should be a admin, and his group has not proved that he would abuse his power. Staff tell VTM what to do to get staff not just that he is apart of a group so no.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2019 10:00 pm
Pein
 Pein
(@pein)
Noble Member

Skinny, the staff team and nylex didnt want him as staff. thats their decision to make not ours as the playerbase. and if justin now has said his chances are non-existant to become staff just drop it, whatever you say will most likely not have any effect and might just put yourself in a worse position

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2019 9:53 am
crazy bob
(@crazy-bob)
Noble Member

'It is fair for him to not be staff as long as there is a reason. '  what?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2019 4:28 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:
cheap gucci belts gucci mens belts costa sunglasses sale