it's time to talk a...

Notifications
Clear all

it's time to talk about the "brute force" kit.

itsPencilVester
(@billabos)
Active Member Customer

Having put around 80 hours into the RP servers I can happily say that on the whole most things feel balanced, despite the wealth of people with custom kits and ranks, the game rarely feels unfair.

However, I really don't think the brute force kit in its current state is fair, as most of the time it results in kosers or butthurt robbery victims to spam revenge. It's even worse when it's a group and they are also spamming the "tpa" command. Creating a kind of noob hydra where you find that with every head you cut off two more sprouts up in its place. Except in this case they are angry 12 years olds with shotguns rather than the classic mythologic beast.

I don't think the kit should be gotten rid of, but maybe it should be more balanced. For instance maybe if the timer was made longer or you had to have played on the server for x amount of hours before having access to it.

Topic starter Posted : 22/02/2017 9:12 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thanks for the suggestion, theres no way to make access to people who have played a certain amount of hours on the server, but what we could do is make the cooldown a lot longer or simply change the items inside it, perhaps to a less powerful weapon. I'm also seriously considering getting rid of TPA, I never use it when I'm playing because it really takes away from RP and a lot of people seem to abuse it. Lastly, I try to keep the kits away from anything considered OP- no explosives in kits (apart from the 1 you can choose on a custom kit), no vehicles with destructive capabilities etc. 

I think I'll add a longer cooldown on brute force. Any suggestions on what to replace the blunt force with?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2017 2:00 pm
itsPencilVester
(@billabos)
Active Member Customer

Hmm, to be honest, I would just scrap the blunt force. then maybe replace it with a kit that has a decent pistol like the avenger and some extra gear like a health kit and either some vitamins or a vaccine. Then you would have kits with a primary, secondary and some balanced starter gear. I also reckon that all of the kits respective timers should be increased slightly, as this might encourage players to be more tactful as dying will have more consequences.

On the tpa front, I don't think that it should be disposed of as it does have many upsides, however, I do agree that it needs to be revised because in its current state it is slightly broken. I would probably stick a timer for a minute or something on it and see how that fairs. Another course of action would be to warn people who excessively abuse the command, although this might be to taxing on the mods/admins to police properly with any success. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/02/2017 6:09 pm
spycheeto1
(@spycheeto1)
Eminent Member

I agree with you about the removal of tp and how it will increase role-playing, but I think that there should be like a 3-5 minute cool down for the command, since travel can often take a long time. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2017 6:24 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

I agree, a cooldown timer on it along with a timer before it teleporting you away would be good. If players were able to teleport only every 30-60 mins lets say, It'd stop them teleporting carelessly away from situations or to players. I would like for it to be used as a way to get to your buddies every once in a while. Combat TP'ers and abusers do get punished when caught too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2017 6:33 pm
Jack A. Nus
(@jack-a-nus)
Trusted Member

I personally feel that having a lengthy delay in between use of the command is a bit overkill. I feel that roughly 5 minutes tops would be plenty to stop most people from being able to abuse it in combat situations, and that having a 5 to 10 second count down before the teleportation goes through would also help big time. Also, some form of rule against teleporting out of robbery or jail would greatly improve the RP experience imo.

-Jack

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2017 8:54 pm
Dra9on_27
(@dra9on_27)
Estimable Member Customer

Yes, Nylex get some of your buddies to make a claim flag type of thing, but instead it could be a prison flag, which would not let anyone inside the radius be able to TP or get kits. Keep the brute force kit though, I get what everyone is saying, but when I get robbed or KOSsed that is my go to kit so i can get some gear back... I like the TPA cool down idea also

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2017 9:09 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

Every 5-10 minutes wouldn't make a difference imo, how many times do you encounter these situations? far more than 10 minutes apart. I'm unsure what I'll do with it yet, we'll just have to see- I put up an active vote for it on the voting thread though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2017 12:05 am
hongkonghuman
(@hongkonghuman)
Trusted Member

imo. I think a delay timer should be added to stop combat tpa abusers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2017 10:46 am
Jack A. Nus
(@jack-a-nus)
Trusted Member

My thought with the 5-10 minute delay in between uses of the command, was to stop people from creating long battles, centered purely around tping back. The issue with trying to make a very long timer, is that players can encounter these situations at many different varying times, and trying to stop someone from tping back once would be near impossible. I think that the only thing you can try to do is make sure you limit the AMOUNT of times they are coming back. After that, all a longer timer would do is make the tpa command null.

-Jack

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/02/2017 12:03 am
Share: