Currency

Notifications
Clear all

Currency

Cup
 Cup
(@cup)
Reputable Member

As we all know there is few safezones around pub Chernarus and that means theres also a good amount of shops.

To this point there has been alot of different payment methdos in the shops which the shop owners have decided to use and the most common one right now is trading, basically gun for gun etc...

But there is more, some of the not so common payment methdos have been all the way from notes to now used by some shopkeepers, kredits. Kredits can be crafted with scrap and that is (2x scrap = 1x kredit) and personally I think that is way too easy to get and buy the shops empty.

There are ways to get 100's even 1000's of scraps in short amount of time by farming notes in banks and changing them to scrap...

So to the point now, I suggest that there should be made a proper, new currency that could be used all around and here's an example (Robocoins) were the currency on Robokast's old RP server.

Robocoins werent just scrap, if I remember right Robocoins recipe was (1x metalsheet + 3x Vermillion berries = 1x Robocoin) and as you can see, that needs some farming first of all and then the metal aside of it.

I feel like some kind of new, somewhat hard to get currency would bring a completely new feel to the servers, because everyone likes the fact that you can carry some Nylecoins instead of 20 u10's that u trade over and over for new weapons.

Topic starter Posted : 11/02/2018 9:08 pm
The Friendly HitMan :D
(@adazahunt)
Honorable Member

We have talked about this before as well in Discord like having a NyCoin lol its also a good suggestion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2018 4:47 am
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

yeah we've had a few thoughts about adding a currency, but the vision for the servers was a survival apocalypse, adding currency might take away from that and make it feel more like one of those half-assed life rp servers. But we'll see:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2018 2:45 pm
Cup
 Cup
(@cup)
Reputable Member

I don't know if you understood this wrong. You might have thought that im talking about the economy plugin that has the /sell /buy and /balance, didn't mean that. I men't like a actual coin you can craft in game and use it like the notes in game.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/02/2018 4:09 pm
Nylex
(@admin)
Illustrious Member Admin

no no I know what you mean't, a physical coin (item) to do trades with. We have thought about it and we're still undecided. Perhaps we could make a coin that still fits with the apocalypse theme, that would be safezone specific but could still be obtained in an apocalyptic world (Such as bottlecaps in the Fallout games). 

If we find a nice way to implement them, we will

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2018 6:35 pm
Swug
 Swug
(@retardedfox)
Estimable Member

Think of the other survival games. For example the fallout series. It's currency in it is bottle caps. Would still be like survival, but ye would have a kind of currency.

There's also kredits (as chern already have) which is kind of the same currency in The Last of Us (Ye'll notice they pay with it in some of the cutscenes). 

Get some ideas from the other apocalypse/survival games. Could be a good one in there 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2018 9:44 am
Swug
 Swug
(@retardedfox)
Estimable Member

Alcohol, drugs or cigarettes could also be good trading items, though i don't know if they're a good currency (since they can take up alot of space).

dvd/cd disks could also be used as money, or maybe even a casette tape.

Even tea bricks could be used as a payment! It was the currency from the 9th century until World War I. It was also used in Russia, so could make sense that it is able to be found in Chernarus. They are created by tea leaves that were pressed together and formed as them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2018 10:16 am
Share: