Notifications
Clear all

Whitelist App to see Response - Mr Rexy

Mr Rexy
(@mr-rexy)

How old are you?: 14 almost 15 (i don't squeak i swear)

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: Yes

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: I have been aware of Nylex’s content for about a year but I never really got involved with the community which over the past day or so I am really starting to see as something amazing. I wish to be in a server in which I don't have to worry about being KOS’ed or other immersion breaking events. I want to be in a really in depth community that cares about its playerbase, somewhere i can actually create a story that I hope will create not only a fun experience for me but everyone I play with. And I hope to be with the community for months to come.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, but it can not want to cooperate with me from time to time.

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): Yes I have played tons of Unturned Post Apoc and Real RP, as well as when I was younger ( laugh at me all you want) ROBLOX Post Apoc RP. I was staff on an old Unturned server called Mystic Rp where I created a story that I enjoy to this day. I also have my fair share of Gmod DarkRP

Character background-Clay Finch grew up out in the woods of Chernarus with his mother,father,and brother. All of who unfortunately met an early end through the events that brought the downfall of Chernarus. I start this story around the time PEI fell in the July of 2014. Everyone had heard about the events of the “infection” and the effects it had on PEI and other continents. Clay is a carpenter, he helps his family and neighbors in the woodworking business. He used his hands and lifted heavy objects often. Him and his family lived like this until the events that occured in Russia. This sparked worry in the Leaders of the Chernarus area about survivors and potential infections hitting the area. And then the events of the archeologist took place and everything went downhill. A man visited the Finch residence lookly very pale and sickly. And he tried to attack their family, biting Clay’s mother’s arm. This sparked worry in the Finches as they soon realized he was infected due to the fact on the local radio reports the same man that had visited them was described as being feral. And was “put down” by local militia. And then the first infection to hit the Finch family occured. Clay’s mother, she had grown a fever and grew very ill, by now the infection had spread through Chernarus and caused it to become a living hell. Clay, and his brother and father all new what was happening. She was infected, she would soon die, and she would try to kill them all. The end of that week the inevitable occured, she fell asleep and would not wake up the next morning. Clay cried for his mother as his father carried her out of what was her temporary room. He then heard what was a BANG! From that of a handgun, his father's. Clay rushed outside to find his father dead, a bullet in his head, a hand on the gun, and a hand clutching that of his dead wife’s. Clay took the weapon from his father’s dead grip, the weapon was a Colt M1911 handgun with an extended box mag. This handgun would be in Clay’s possession for as long as he survived, which means to this day. But now it was just him and his younger brother Mack. Clay dragged the bodys from his dead parents and burned them. Taking the ashes and stuffing them into a locket cross he kept around his neck along with a very small crunched up picture of his family. Clay and Macl stayed at their families cabin until the bandit groups arrived. They started with the neighbors, the groups wanted land, land in which was spread out between Clay and his neighbors. One by one the land was taken by force and death. Till all that was left was Clay and Mack. If was a Saturday night, the door was kicked in. Clay was upstairs assembling and cleaning a sawed off citorti. (Shotgun) Mack was downstairs on the couch, listening to the survivors radio. Mack then got up to find a gun shoved in his face and fired. Clay having finished his cleaning ran downstairs and shot both guys in the gut. Killing shots, he then found his dead brother, in which he screamed and cried. Clay being 27 and his brother only 15. Clay then looked at Mack’s watch, busted stopped at 12:23 AM. The moment he dropped dead. Clay still wears this busted watch to this day. This defeat would not be Clay’s last but nor was it his first. After that moment clay took a radio and got in his Jeep and just drove. And now he helps fellow survivors and families treating them like his own, providing them with shelter, food and the one thing most people neglect but what is one of the most important. Hope, a sense of hope that they can survive. Clay tried to broadcast this through the frequent radio talks he does over a Mobile Broadcast Unit. And you may here these talks, and if you do, you know the world hasn't gone entirely to hell. Every little bit helps.

This is just something I threw together in about 2 hours to potentially see people's response. As I know the whitelist is not being accepted right now.

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheGamer2083

Topic starter Posted : 09/07/2018 8:17 am
Long Live Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Estimable Member

Clay Finch is an American name, has the family moved recently? And so, Clay knows how to aim and kill twos guys before one of them shoots him? Try to improve on this before WL launches again.

- Nik

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2018 5:10 pm
Rosa
 Rosa
(@rosa)
Trusted Member Customer

Not bad compared to what I've seen around here. Reread this everyday and try to make improvements on it where you can, just don't overthink it. I think you might have some potential. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2018 12:19 am
Fisher
(@fisher)

Given im the man who would read your WL app first and its my judgement to get you in or not, i would say you would have failed.

1. You need to work on your presentation because no one likes to read a wall of text if you know what i mean. Make it easier to look at.

2.Don´t do a kind of diary entry. Tell us what his hobbies were, his job, what he wants to achieve during his survival, just his past over all.

3. Give us some more character detail: His age, maybe his look? Is he tall or a dwarf? Small details sometimes make a difference.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2018 3:22 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Trusted Member Customer

Its not that bad honestly but it kind of feels cliché. We need to know a lot more about your character as well. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/07/2018 8:07 am
Justin_
(@justinedits)
Eminent Member

Not bad, needs some work though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 5:29 pm
Share: