Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Akira Saito, Andrew's Application.

TheNutMan
(@crying-emoji)

How old are you?: I am currently 15 years old.

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?: Yes I am. Primary Language.

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?: I believe I can bring some new playing cards to the table and I also think this roleplay can really satisfy my needs.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes I do. But people hear a lot of clicking and typing.

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): I have not had a real roleplay experience so I came to join this one with my hearts content.

Character background- Write a background for your character. Talk about how you ended up in the apocalypse and what sort of person your character is- try to keep things realistic:

A mid-sized man in his early twenties possessing a magnum in his left hand, carrying a timberwolf on his back, walks down into a worn-out, cold room, with multiple gun racks and lockers containing unsettled, uncased weapons, dented metallic walls of unknown cause, and flickering lights hanging from the ceiling as if from a disaster. It was a bunker. One could see the entire story from the look of his face. His eyes completely filled with unspoken horror, his arm with a gash in the upper bicep, his denim jeans ripped completely around the knee-caps, and his brightly colored vest and a filthy white t-shirt covered in blood from undead corpses. The man was named Akira Saito. He was the sole survivor of his group headed towards a key location. It was an ambush. The city St. Protestant, where Akira was from, was being under siege by an anti-military organization called M.E.R.C. This organization was the ringleader of the undead virus. The group successfully escaped the catastrophic event within the city by hijacking a M.E.R.C. combat boat near the docks of the city. St. Protestant was one of the first chosen targets for the organization to test its bio-weapons. The military south of St. Protestant was completely wiped with an unknown chemical gas that pierced through filters within gas masks. The test was uncontrollable, soon the M.E.R.C. platoon stationed at St. Protestant to control the outcome of the virus, Epsilon 11, fell to the virus. While Akira and his group were on the combat boat, what they saw was unimaginable. The entire city was in flames from whatever hole the organization M.E.R.C. came from. But they weren’t safe from the siege on the city, a refined Sikorsky CH-54 Tarhe quickly swept over the ocean from St. Protestant following the combat boat. The boast swiftly skidded through the ocean trying to evade missiles from the hovering aircraft. The group’s leader ordered me to arm the anti-air weapons on the combat boat and wait for his signal. His name was John Sorenson, man with a sense of pride and leadership. He took in charge of our group of survivors due to his traits as a surviving lieutenant of a military squad ordered to disengage the bio-weapons. Others in the group were survivors of several families, given that the virus spread far and wide through the city, handing a hard time for all. Akira didn’t know anyone else's names in the group. The reason being everything in existence being eradicated around him. John handled some maps with a small cabinet within the combat boat. Once Akira yelled out that the weapons on the boat was ready on John’s command, John shouted back for Akira to open fire upon the Sikorsky. John skimmed through the map trying to find the nearest city near the shore that did not suffer the same fate as St. Protestant. But then the M.E.R.C. aircraft sent a missile straight to the boat, the boat couldn’t evade it this time. The boat shakes uncontrollably and sends the survivors tumbling onto the boat’s floor from the explosion. The hull is breached. Water starts flooding the cabin while the boat is still at full speed towards the location found on the map. Akira kept firing back at the Sikorsky CH-54 Tarhe. But then the aircraft sent its last missile for a direct hit and Akira finally shoots down the engine of the aircraft and sends it spiraling down into the water. The missile misses the main hull but scratches the side of the combat boat. The explosion tips the boat completely upside down knocking out the group out the boat. Akira regains consciousness and swims towards the surface. Once he reached the zero altitude, he scanned the surface, observing that the boat completely smoked out and the helicopter chasing them was afloat with a couple M.E.R.C. personnel staying above the aircraft calling for EVAC. Akira makes a swim for the nearest shoreline, which wasn’t that far away, but at least not near St. Protestant. He looks back and doesn’t see any of his fellow survivors as he crawls towards the shore. Once he reached the dry parts of the beach, he falls on his back on the cold dry sand and loses consciousness. He then wakes up suddenly. The sun was out. Akira looks around the vicinity, looks at himself, stands up, and barely regains his stance. Looking around, he decides to scavenge for any signs of civilization. He comes across a lighthouse, and slowly walks inside slightly proning, and sees a map on a table on his right. The map was named Chernarus LN, Akira wondered what kind of name was that, and skimmed through the map, looking for main cities and military locations that contained military presence to try and warn them. On the left of the map, was an ace with a couple clips. Akira picks up the magnum with a burning feeling of determination. He checking how many bullets are left within the magnum, and reloads the pistol. He then walks outside and catches movement on the left of his eye, and jumps back into the lighthouse and peeks his head out looking at a castle, he then sees a body standing on the castle walls. He grabs binoculars on the right side of the map and climbs the ladder to the top of the lighthouse. Akira reaches the top, prones slightly to avoid detection, and peers at the body with the binoculars. It was dripping blood from its mouth, the skin was slightly green, and the jacket and adidas pants completely ripped up. It was an undead. Akira was horrified at the scene. The virus reached this location already. Struggling to comprehend the knowledge of this event, he stands up and climbs down the lighthouse. He crouches and sneaks towards the castle with no plan in mind, thinking about how to escape this virus and the M.E.R.C. organization. There was so far no signs of this organization, and he hoped they weren’t here. He steps in a room, messed up completely with chairs and file cabinets strewn across the floor, and sees night vision goggles on a table counter. He quickly picks it up and stores it in his pocket. Akira explores the castle, finding food and water all over the castle, then comes across a staircase down. He equips his goggles and walks down the staircase. It slowly turned darker and darker each step he took, as if it was an endless pit. Once it was too dark to see, he turned on the night vision goggles and saw a dead body leaning on the stairs with a sniper rifle. Akira grabs the weapon and inspecting the weapon. The name of the weapon was Timberwolf. He then straps it onto his back to take as a weapon for encounters he might run into. He walks farther down into pit until he saw light near the bottom of the staircase. Akira slowly walks into the light...

Steam profile URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/XxWAZZUP/

Hope you enjoy this now xP

-Andrew

Topic starter Posted : 17/02/2018 10:15 pm
TheNutMan reacted
TheNutMan
(@crying-emoji)

I think that's pretty good.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/02/2018 10:26 pm
TheNutMan reacted
TheNutMan
(@crying-emoji)

well crap. I keep breaking the 1st person and 3rd person. rip

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/02/2018 1:35 am
TheNutMan reacted
agent320
(@agent320)
Eminent Member Customer

Your story isnt bad, but it could use some improvements in my eyes.

Mostly under the principle of Chekhov's gun.

Chekhov's gun is a simple writing principle that essentially says every element in a story should be necessary.

At the start of your story your character is running around with a timberwolf and ace, which then are never mentioned again. Why tell the people that he has got those weapons if they dont matter. And how high exactly is the chance that you go into a house of a shore you were washed to and you just happen to precisly find the 2 weapons that you lost, least of all saying that a heavy sniper rifle like the c14 timberwolf, which is only used by Canadian special forces like the JTF-2 and the British SAS. I know that Chernarus is supposed to be a fictional town, but I also know that it isnt anywhere near Canada or britain for a timberwolf to just be lying around somewhere.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2018 9:02 am
TheNutMan reacted
TheNutMan
(@crying-emoji)

oh I get what you mean, what I was trying to convey is that he never had any weapons from the start, he just found one weapon next to the map, and the other while he was exploring the staircase to the bunker while he was on Chernarus. The background story overall just shows a man walking into a bunker and it does a flashback how he got to his current location. The reason I picked Timberwolf out of all things is that on the actual server you find some pretty good weapons at the start in random houses in cities. I was keeping it realistic xDDD. (and I know the Timberwolf is a Canadian weapon)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/02/2018 5:33 pm
TheNutMan reacted
TheNutMan
(@crying-emoji)

B U M P

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/02/2018 1:03 am
TheNutMan reacted
Ed
 Ed
(@truemoo)
Prominent Member Customer

fam to much replies got to be patient  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/02/2018 11:40 am
TheNutMan reacted
TheNutMan
(@crying-emoji)

sorry sorry

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/02/2018 7:43 pm
PFQ
 PFQ
(@potionflingaqueen)
Honorable Member

Oh my god, you don't write like crap but I can't accept you because it's a military+Biotest weapon organization, god's doin' me dirty today. Hey man, if you could write like this but about a normal person, I would accept you on the spot. I'm sorry for tellin' you to redo your whole thing but we can't accept people like this, especially whenever your guy is directly affiliated with the start of the apocalypse. I wish you the best of luck on your next attempt but for now it's denied, sorry fella.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2018 2:46 pm
TheNutMan reacted
Share: