Justified
(@justified)
Active Member Customer

How old are you?:

Twenty.

Are you somewhat fluent in speaking English?:

Yeah.

Why do you want to join the whitelisted roleplaying community?:

As of recently, Unturned is filled with immature, rule-breaking mongoloids. I saw someone had a whitelisted server. and I took interest.

Do you have a working microphone?:

Yep.

Have you had any previous roleplaying experience? (if so we'd love to hear about it!): 

Plenty. I've been Roleplaying on Garry's Mod (nearing 6k hours of playtime) for around four years. Strictly text RP there. I've got close to three hundred hours of it on Arma 3, and little with Unturned. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character background

Name-

Raylan Michaels.

Age-

Forty-Two.

Story-(Again, keeping it short.):

Raylan was born into a Military-family. Everyone before him had served in some branch of the US Armed Forces. Being brought up in that environment, he wanted to do the same thing. For most of his adolescence he worked around and with firearms, this never changed. He turned eighteen in '84, immediately getting a CCL and a few rifles.

He took two years to gather himself and set his sights on a career. By '86, he'd chosen to follow his family's history and enlist. Unfortunately for him, he was turned down because of a few things on his record. With that option eliminated, he was forced to look elsewhere.

Decades passed as he bounced from job-to-job, surviving on a minimal paycheck. Only a miracle could pull him out of this endless cycle, and that's exactly what happened. His Father passed, leaving him a large sum of inheritance. With it, he bought a cabin somewhere in the hills of Western Pennsylvania. With this string of luck, he landed a somewhat-decent job.

Two years passed, and with a bit of the money left and some saved from paychecks, he traveled to Eastern Europe, mainly to see Chernobyl, but Russia was his first stop. Then... the apocalypse hit.

Skills & Talents-

Minimal Survivalist skills, Small-Arms experience.

Weaknesses-

b u l l e t s  a n d  t h i n g s  t h a t  g o  p e w  p e w .

Age.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steam profile URL:  https://steamcommunity.com/id/thelandofcotton/

Topic starter Posted : 13/04/2018 12:32 am
Rosa
 Rosa
(@rosa)
Trusted Member Customer

It's a good start. What scares me is that it's a revision. If you're running out of ideas you might want to take a few good days and brainstorm, then come back. Don't let all of your ideas go into one character that doesn't go anywhere.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2018 1:29 am
Justified
(@justified)
Active Member Customer

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. 

I only made it short for the sake of the admin. No one wants to read a wall of text, most of which will be entirely irrelevant to the RP interactions said character will have. I always put depth, realism and so on into my characters, but most of it should show ICly, not through an application. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/04/2018 1:42 am
Rosa
 Rosa
(@rosa)
Trusted Member Customer

Wow, that was a not that bad answer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2018 6:50 am
MajlOo and Justified reacted
Justified
(@justified)
Active Member Customer

bump

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/04/2018 6:52 pm
Cole
 Cole
(@cole)
Reputable Member

I would advise that you add some more to that backstory, when I first started reading it, I thought it was a military app but then realized you were smart enough to not make that mistake. I also agree with Rosa, you font want to rush this, you want to really take your time and think about it, and make it something realistic. Good Luck

-Cole

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2018 11:24 pm
Justified
(@justified)
Active Member Customer

I explained why it was short above. 

If it were rushed, I wouldn't have bothered with formatting, or even a reason to be in Russia. Just because I didn't write an essay doesn't mean I can't RP. In the four years I've been doing RP(mostly text), I always kept my shit short. Be it applications or in-game character interactions. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/04/2018 2:43 am
Share: